Another Question for Driving Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the same combination of horse and driver can go into open!!

Anyone can go into the Open classes, including the professionals, so that's why it's usually more competitive than the other divisions.

Good Luck
default_smile.png

Yep, she can. The competition is pretty steep as you are showing against proffessionals and adults. I'm not sure if there is an age limit (have to check the rule book), but I'm pretty sure she can show in ladies also.

No - youth cannot show in ladies or gentlemen. In AMHA the driver has to be 19, I'm not sure what it is in AMHR.

Good to know she can't show ladies. I've never checked the rule book on that becuase I've never had to.
default_biggrin.png
But AMHA offers mares and geldings and stallions. She can show in that, right??

Thanks for the in put. I think she is just going to do 1 driving class and we are going to go for Liberty. I mean the worst that can happen is that she won't be able to catch her mare in time. She is there to have fun. We have talked in depth on the subject and she agrees that it is her first show and it isn't the end of the world if she doesn't get a ribbon. Just go and have fun. I have also been teaching her watch the judges, the ring steward, the other drivers and NO ONE ELSE. Anything beyond what is going on in the ring isn't there. The arena is your bubble and stay in your bubble. She is one that gets nervous in crowds. She won't speak in front of anyone so I want this to build her confidence. I hope she can do this.

She'll do awesome and have tons of fun! She'll be saying to you, I wish I would've entered that class!
default_biggrin.png
Pretty soon, you won't be able to stop her! Especially if she gets a ribbon!!!!
default_wub.png

NICE pic of your mini!!!!! Looks Black and White. That's what I have 2 of them. Mare and Gelding.

Barn names Oreo and Nikki :)

Yep, the same combination of horse and driver can go into open!!

Anyone can go into the Open classes, including the professionals, so that's why it's usually more competitive than the other divisions.

Good Luck
default_smile.png

One word of Caution.

"First horse show" is terribly infectious. Can easily be transmitted into a chronic life long condition. FHS quickly becomes SEW - "SHOW EVERY WEEKEND". This can be easily mistaken for WDMMG - or "Where Does My Money Go".

Symptoms of above include obsession to clean horse and tack. Frantic searches for shows, unceasing MOM WE"RE GONNA BE LATE AND I"M GONNA MISS MY CLASS" remarks.

Frequently is accompanied by "NTBMH" - (need to buy more horses), "NTBBT " (need to buy bigger trailer) and Empty Wallet Syndrome.

Benefits - self confidence, friendships, and self esteem!

Latest posts

Back