Another new invention in scamming

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffntuf

Reaction score
I am passing this on as we all belong to different internet things and post our emails to buy stuff. This was the second email that was not only pfishing - but scamming.

Hello, My name is Rey, I came across your email address through am email surfing Affiliated with the US chamber of Commerce, and My late Grandma was a puppy breeder, She died about 4 months ago and she left 2 Female English Bulldog,2 Female Yorkshire Terrier and 1 Male before she die, one of the Female puppy recently had a litter 3 puppies, They are so adorable, Due to my job as a Oncologist Doctor, My job do not allow me to take good care of these babies, I would have love to take care of them myself but due to the nature of my job i does hardly have time for my self, So i want to find them caring & loving parent who will take good care of them and willing to adopt, if you interested in having one of them, please contact me immediately ,for more details and information, and let me know if you want the Yorkshire Terrier Or the Bulldog. Thanks.Rey Leon

What happens is they weedle your phone number out of you and then call you and then tell you they are going to arrange to ship the dogs to you, and somehow you end up giving them information for bank accounts or exchanging money orders, etc.

Just another creative way to scam people!

FYI: this was not sent to me, but to a person over 60 who frequents dog shows and frequents dog forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.
default_no.gif

Hope you have turned this in to your local Secret Service and Law Enforcement Agency for Internet Fraud Investigations.

Thankful too, that you were wise to it and not harmed by inevitable intent.
default_wub.png

I received an e-mail similar to this, only the puppies were overseas and the owner had been "referred" to me. All they wanted was the shipping fees. :DOH!

I would think for starters that a REAL doctor would a) be a bit more articulate

b) not bother to say he /she was an Oncologist doctor (I think they would if they bothered at all since it is barely pertinent, say Doctor specializing in Oncology or some such)

c) Have the resources to have some one else locate good homes.

If they are going to try to scam people they should do there darn homework first. Too bad we can't round up all these loosers and be done with it. Except new ones keep popping up.

Here is another new one on me, not sure what it is or the intent. I have been getting hangup calls from an 11 digit number. When assuming it is an overseas call, the first 3 digits indicate Somalia. I started answering when I first got them, nobody there so I would hang up. Now, I just push the ignore button, and have assigned a ringtone of none to that number, and the contact name is butt.
default_biggrin.png

I contacted Verizon to ask them, only solution they have is to change my number. They can't block that number, gave me no info other than to contact my local law enforcement agency since I consider these to be harrassing phone calls. Well, yeah, 3am one day! 6am today. It is averaging 3 - 8 calls every other day and very annoying!! Anybody have any idea on what is going on? I told them I would certainly be using that technical insufficiency when I start looking at other cell companies.
default_no.gif

The number is 25250719050. I googled it to no avail.

Oh, on the dog front, our rescue chair who raises Bernese Mtn dogs got an email from someone claiming to be a 12 year old girl from China who wants two Berner pups for her parents for their anniversary. Right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure that is the right phone number? It has an extra digit. I did find a number of (252) 507- 1905 in Roanoke Rapids, NC, said the country was Halifax

yes I went through that with my cell phone too. Someone was charging calls to it, it would show up, but the cell phone company couldn't track it. I finally had to have them look at the past years phone bills (yes they can do that, they have the databases) and tell me where I had ever called those numbers! So they didn't charge me for the calls, and for some reason, they stopped using my number. But I also put the privacy thing on my phone, so it doesn't show my id when calling someone else. And I pay the $2 to have my cell phone number a private number. That is what I think stopped it IMHO.

yes, it is an 11 digit number.

Latest posts

Back