ANOTHER *MAGIC SHOES* SUCCESS STORY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bit

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]It's been awhile since I posted about another success story with Little Bit's *Magic Shoes*, so thought I would sit down and tell you little Addie's story.
smile.gif
[/SIZE]

Addie is a dwarf mini and just as cute as a bug's ear, but as with many of these babies, her little fetlocks were too weak to hold her weight.
sad.gif
Her owner braced her legs until she was 6 weeks old and then she contacted me about the shoes. This is what her owner wrote in some e-mails before I sent her the shoes:

[SIZE=11pt]At 5 days her right hock had to be flushed...had a white blood cell count of about 70,000---should be around 12,000. We had to repeat that procedure 3 times and a 4th minor to test the fluids again. about the time the joint was cured, the front completely fell apart. ' Seemed like it was over night, her toes flipped up, and sideways also, to the inside or the outside, her knees followed the direction of the fetlocks...she could not move. [/SIZE]

Oh, when the metatarsal bones in the pastern area "fell apart" I had our vet come out right away. She pretty much said she would put her down. I just could not make up my mind, so Elaine left for 45 minutes to another farm, and said she would come back and I could tell her what to do. So while she was gone, I just sat there with Addie, and decided to let her go to foal heaven. So, when Dr. Means got back, I said, "I have decided that I can NOT do it...that is not what I had decided, but that is what came out of my mouth. So, she said "Fine, lets try some PVC piping and make some braces...above the knee, 12 hours on one leg, then 12 hours on the other." She left. PVC! 10 inches of that weighs more than the whole horse. So it was that day that I invented the syringe cover style, and over the knee was wrong...and one leg at a time was wrong...but that is how I got to where I am. I do not know Mona...but I wrote to her...and she sent me to you.

[SIZE=12pt]Here's some pictures of little Addie's front legs before her *Magic Shoes*. [/SIZE]
sad.gif

IMG_0541_1.jpg

IMG_0545_4.jpg

IMG_0544_3.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Here's little Addie's legs with her *Magic Shoes* on![/SIZE]
biggrin.gif

IMG_0574_3.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Oh! thought you might like to see the "whole" little Addie, too! [/SIZE]

Here she is with her nasty ol' braces on before getting her *Magic Shoes*
sad.gif
.....I told you she was ADORABLE!
biggrin.gif

I commend Addie's breeder for being SO committed to helping this baby!!!
aktion033.gif

IMG_0358_1_1.jpg

Awww she is just precious!
wub.gif
Good Job with the magic shoes...they have improved sooo much!

Jessica

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!

That is SO brilliant!!!!!!!

What a little darling, God Bess her!!!!

It is wonderful that the breeder went all out for this little doll, she deserves it!!!!

They truly are MAGIC SHOES!!!!!!!!

This is SO heartwarming. What a beautiful baby girl and I commend her owner for caring so much about her. Those magic shoes are truly a wonderful gift!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Oh she is just sooo cute! Those before pics just make me hurt for her--I feel physically ill looking at them. That has to be the hardest decision to make as an owner! I am SO glad the breeder found you! I have to say that I have been in email contact with the breeder for awhile and her dedication to this baby just warms my heart. I am so excited and am looking forward to meeting little Addie in person soon....I just can't wait to kiss her little nose!!!

-Amy

Oh, what a sweetie she is! These dwarfs are so loving and sweet. we have one who luckily did not need the shoes, but she is so sweet--visitors just love her!

I think these little dwarfs have soem extra special loving! Thank yous to everyone helping and loving them!

jennifer
saludando.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you everyone for all your nice compliments, I appreciate them!
yes.gif
[/SIZE]

YES! I have sang my praises to lil' Addie's breeder many times!
aktion033.gif

Being a very well known and big breeder, she could have very easliy had this filly put to sleep and never given her another thought! But she is very dedicated and committed to this little horse and she will always be on my list of WONDERFUL people!!!
yes.gif
Not only is this lady committed to helping little Addie, she is trying to educate others about dwarfism in the Miniature Horse as well! And has asked me to make up fliers and business cards so she can take them to the shows to help her educate people on this very real subject ,and to let people know that there IS help for these little horses with leg problems. The shoes are not just for dwarf minis, they have helped MANY "regular" Miniature Horses and big breed horses as well.
smile.gif

Amy, I wish I could love on lil' Addie, too!
wub.gif
...LUCKY YOU!
biggrin.gif

Jennifer, thank you for loving your little dwarf, too!
aktion033.gif
What's her name?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back