Another idea of what to do with your minis!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
You do a lot, Karla, marketing minis the different ways you do.
default_thumbup.gif
I think it is wonderful! You should really get together with the facility's Marketing Director and she/he could use little outings like this for marketing the facility. And this also would market you! I am sure the Admissions Director would love you too!

You know, gals--I get as much out of this as they do!
default_yes.gif
I don't think it has anything to do with me being special in any way--I just have my summers off so am able. That's all.
default_wink.png

Fran--my classroom goes to this facility a lot---every year we troop over to interview the residents and play games with them. Then I let my class decide what to do next--and for the last two years we've done a Talent Show for them. It's quite the event! I want to do a quilt show, but I'm using all my spare time to prepare for a craft show--so I haven't scheduled that yet. My daughter and I have also played flute duets for them.

They give US as much joy as we give, for sure.
default_wub.png

Oh--I don't really need the marketing...I have folks asking about minis and none to sell right now!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Karla,

What a WONDERFUL thing to offer! That one picture showed such pure joy on their faces!
default_wub.png
I never stop being amazed at how these little blessings offer such opportunity for so many people who normally wouldn't be in a position to get so close to horses.

Great job!

LOL Karla, you just tell those people to come see me. LOL

You should check with AMHR about getting the story in the Journal.
default_thumbup.gif

default_firstprize.gif
default_yes.gif

Awesome!

Kandi is the best... miss working with her at Heather Hills!

Thanks for a fix of home!

Denise

[SIZE=12pt]
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

awww, that is just so sweet.
default_laugh.png

You got a good bunch of Mini's there.
default_wink.png

no wonder you don't need to advertise.
default_biggrin.png

Denise--I forgot you know Kandy!!

I never stop being amazed at how these little blessings offer such opportunity for so many people who normally wouldn't be in a position to get so close to horses.
Exactly! For me, too.
default_smile.png
Sharing the love---that's what I love to do with my minis.
default_wub.png

A grandmother who lives about 30 minutes away is bringing her grandkids here to meet the horses. She happened to stumble on my website and has been emailing to set up a time. And the visits go on....

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw! How wonderful! We've taken a couple of our minis down to the nursing home around the corner, it truly is magical the way these little creatures can light up a face without doing a thing.
default_wub.png
It's always nice to realize that you give enough love to your animals that they are able to give it back in double.

Oh my gosh! This is wonderful. This was one of the first things I thought of doing with minis in the future. I adore the pics. Just seeing the smiles on their faces are worth it!

It's great to see everyone having such a nice time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

We've had one retirement home out to our place, but they were unable to get out of the bus. They still enjoyed their visit, and one of the foals even tried to hop on the bus with them. They all loved that!

I think it's a fine thing to share them with the young and old, and everyone in between. I am amazed at the number of people that have never seen a Miniature before....

Liz

Karla as always an inspiration to all of us. You continue to amaze me in so many ways. But then I think Ive told you that before.

Keep the tradition going
default_aktion033.gif
. Love seeing the photos each year.

I brought my grandparents out to my barn once and had Lil Bits hooked up to the cart (just think Karla you could give cart rides when Jazz learns how to drive), my grandfather laughed when he got in the cart and I asked if he knew how to do it.
default_smile.png
(he grew up on a farm) Whoops! He took Bits down the road and I started wondering if he was ever going to come back with him. He was having so much fun he didn't want to.
default_wub.png
So, that's your next assignment-Jazz must drive.

Amanda

Actually--his lessons started yesterday.
default_smile.png
And a wonderful forum friend
default_wub.png
--well--two forum friends
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
--are coming out Saturday to help me get him going.

Of course, since I have no harness or cart--it'll be great exercise for both of us!

WoooHooo!!!

It's about time!
default_poke.gif

Thank you (forum members) whoever you are.
default_aktion033.gif

Karla, I looked at this a while ago and didnt have my high speed going to view all your pictures.

I just did that, and I wanted to tell you how awesome I think it is that you are always doing your best to use your horses for the pleasure of others.

Its people like you Karla that become saints when they reach Heaven. I want to thank you, and tell you that you have inspired me to do more of this sort of thing with my own horses.

and tell you that you have inspired me to do more of this sort of thing with my own horses.
And THAT is EXACTLY why I post it at all!
default_smile.png
I want to give others the idea so more smiles are made, more attention is shown to our elderly population through our minis. The wealth of knowledge and wisdom they have to share is not tapped unless we go to them. Whether for visits to chat, to give quilt shows, music presentations, or horse involvement--it adds to their day, but enriches ours as well.

Thank you Helen.
default_cheekkiss.gif

This past Tuesday I had grandparents bring their 5 and 8 year old grandkids out to see the horses. The woman had found my email on a forward. She thought she'd have to go to PA to see minis, so was thrilled to only have to drive 30 minutes to visit. They spent two hours here in the pasture and at the picnic table under the pine trees having popsicles by the pasture. They were so appreciative, but the two hours brought as much joy to me--meeting new folks and spending time with young kids while discussing horses, as it did them. They are watching the website for new foals to come out again!
default_smile.png

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6393.jpg

This is an aspect of mini ownership I love.

Ah, I'm sure there's enough else in my life I struggle with to keep things balanced and keeps me from sainthood.
default_wink.png

What a wonderful thing you do Karla! It's neat to see the joy these small ones bring to people. My neighbors have seen my horses for the past 2 years, and even now, everytime they see them, they get really excited.

Karla, I love your pictures! Am a big fan of the elderly, and I would someday like to do this type of event at my home. Thank you for sharing, they are lovely photos, and what a nice thing you have done for all those people!

Latest posts

Back