Another for Heather Glen Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
I'd like to know, when you cross this.....

Bob.jpg

with this (who produced my fewcap filly last year)

VixenFront08.jpg

You get................... this..........

VixenBobfilly10hrsRSsite.jpg

Someone forgot the spray paint can for the spots while she was on the assembly line!!! She does appear to have white sclera, so maybe she will color with age. But if not, I am pretty pleased with her over all.

She arrived last night about 9:10- and has the longest legs. She was stuck a bit at the shoulder.... mama is 32" and this filly is 24"- the largest foal I have EVER had born here!!!! But with a little assistance was born with no problems. This filly was on full speed ahead from the time she arrived! She was up in minutes, never lost her footing once, and in less than an hour was already trying to run AND buck. Every time I looked at the monitor last night- she was racing around the stall as fast as she could- all I could think of was 'this baby is on crack for sure', LOL

She has an extremely Appy pedigree- a granddaughter of Shadow Oaks Cock Robin by Chianti, and twice to Toyland Zodiac through Sombrero, Freckles Pride, and the dams sire is a leopard, as are both his sire and dam.

Here are some more pics.. she is about 10 hours old so still unfolding. Oh, she is half sister to the black blanketed filly that was born last Tuesday.
default_biggrin.png

VixenBobfillyface10hrsoldsite.jpg

Vixenfillyfront10hrs41810site.jpg

Vixenfillyrear10hrssite.jpg

Vixenfillynurse10hrsS.jpg

As you can see, she already has to stretch way out to nurse!! I almost expected to see her get on her knees like a goat!!

One more baby to go this year.... and that mare has been waxing heavily since Friday at mid day.... She WAS mare #1, now mare #4!!

** Updated new pics today on the Photo Gallery section since she has unfolded a lot more now- turned her and her mama out for the first time this evening**

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments everyone. I have not taken any leg measurements yet, and her measurement this morning was a quick one on the run, LOL, but she is pretty good sized. She does have white sclera and striped hooves so has Appy characteristics so she may color later..... who knows?! LOL Now if this last one will just have her foal........................

LOL Laurie, the fun of the appys, you never know what you will get!
default_biggrin.png
She is nice anyway, leggy just the way I like them!

Good luck with that last mare, hope she pops soon!

Congratulations on a happy, healthy filly. I certainly know about getting solid foals from patterned parents.

Regarding her height, one of my first mares was 32 inches and had a 24 inch colt (at 360 days). I just knew he would go over height, but the last I saw him at two years old, he was about 31.5 inches.

OMG you are kidding me. My neighbor told me to go ahead and register her A just in case! They had a colt they sold at 10 months because he was 31.5" already and they knew he was going to be huge. They bought him back at 3 years old and he was 32.5" and at 27 years old is still 32.5!!! I dont want to jinx myself but so far, knock on wood, the old man has sired 100% color this year as Appies with characteristics are considered 'colored'. (Many times they do later, and since the characteristics are specifically Appy) I also had a fairly average sized colt years ago that stopped growing at 29, so.....??

Tall or not, she is a beautiful filly, Laurie.

I have always liked your Bob!

Susan O.

She's pretty!
default_smile.png
One year I had two foals born the same day, unrelated and both 24" at birth. Both matured around 33". Go ahead and register her A!

Congrats!

Many congratulations on your filly foal - whatever her colour now, she's cute!!

Anna

Ok, you all have me convinced I will double register her anyhow and what ever happens, happens, LOL It has been in the upper 90's here the last couple of days, but is cooling back off this week to the 70's and low 80's. She is DYING to get out of that foaling pen and stretch her legs.... She really would like to be on a race track, LOL So will turn her out this evening and let her really take off.

Hey there Laurie...CONGRATULATIONS girl!

She's a beauty...spots or no spots. I understand how disappointing it can be to breed for color and not get it. The odds were in your favor, so you have NO excuses! LOL Just teasing…just teasing!

She’s here safe and sound and that’s the most beautiful color they can come in.

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

I agree Dawn!!! Safe and sound is my favorite color!!! I just thought it was pretty funny that this one has characteristics, but no spots. (but she could later) Especially considering what I got last year! LOL It was just from one extreme to the other. Fillies are doing great and STILL waiting on that last one!

Congratulations Laurie! She cute no matter the color. I just had my foal born out of a black near leopard and tri colored leopard, what did I get ?? Solid black LOL He's a nice colt that may color and also large, but we will double register him too. You just never can tell. Joyce

Latest posts

Back