another 'crazy' comes out.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

running in the red

Reaction score
I have 2 minis for sale and this has been week of crazy people calling! These 2 have been for sale for a long time and no calls this week 5 calls......well the first wanted to turn a 4 month old colt out with the big horses-no way- now today I get a call from a lady wanting my 2 year old filly to breed with her mini donkey next year- well okay- but- then she tells me that they own 100 acres and no one lives there and they only check on the long horns once a wekk-YUP- she wants to turn out with long horns.........and only checks once a week..how stupid does it get-I know my friend will be calling when she reads this-.........joy

Yea I'll call you tomorrow as its late. But right now I'll make a post! Hahaha!

All I can say Joy is where do these crazy people come from?
default_gaah.gif
Gosh don't send them my way. Don't even think about it!
default_new_shocked.gif
Hahahahaha

Checking a mini once a week on open range with cattle just doesn't make it in my book, not with my kids
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
and I know for sure not with yours!!!!
default_gaah.gif

Joyce

default_rolleyes.gif
That got me to thinking about how I know my co-workers and anyone who steps foot in my office during the day thinks I'm crazy, but it's because I have my camera on my pasture and the first thing I do is pull it up on my computer. Not a day goes by that I'm not hollering for someone to come look at my kids running around doing something funny! hehe I think it's become part of their day to take a break and come see what the horses are doing at my house. Once a week! No way!
default_no.gif

The best part is when someone comes in and sits down and the sound is on ( I have a great speaker system) and you can hear birds chirping, or a plane flies overhead or the horses are making thier usual noises and the folks are looking around wondering where it's coming from!
default_whistling.gif
Sometimes I'll show them the monitor and share.... sometimes I don't.
default_wink.png

I have not gotten into the "selling" of any horses yet. I deal with some strange characters in my line of work so nothing would surprise me
default_pray.gif

default_rolleyes.gif
That got me to thinking about how I know my co-workers and anyone who steps foot in my office during the day thinks I'm crazy, but it's because I have my camera on my pasture and the first thing I do is pull it up on my computer. Not a day goes by that I'm not hollering for someone to come look at my kids running around doing something funny! hehe I think it's become part of their day to take a break and come see what the horses are doing at my house. Once a week! No way!
default_no.gif

The best part is when someone comes in and sits down and the sound is on ( I have a great speaker system) and you can hear birds chirping, or a plane flies overhead or the horses are making thier usual noises and the folks are looking around wondering where it's coming from!
default_whistling.gif
Sometimes I'll show them the monitor and share.... sometimes I don't.
default_wink.png

I have not gotten into the "selling" of any horses yet. I deal with some strange characters in my line of work so nothing would surprise me
default_pray.gif
That would be awesome! Don't know that I'd get any work done though. I often wonder what my little horses are up to when I'm not around.

Hang on a minute..I'm not working now! I'm on LB!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Once a week??!! Oh yeah, that's great! Gee, and you didnt sell to them?
default_new_shocked.gif

We also have gotten some wierd ones lately.... one that was going to purchase a mare from a neighbor and take it home in the back seat of their vehicle, which the mare would not only not fit it, but it would not be safe. When they were told no, they came back and said they would haul her home in the back in a rubber tub then to contain her. Then they said they didnt have all the money for the purchase price, so could they take her anyway? Also they didnt have any place to keep any hay, so could they throw some feed in with her until they bought a 'rubber container' to put it in? WHAT?????!!!! The sale was canceled. These are the same people who wanted to buy my filly and insisted they know how she got along with dogs (a small dog, a pit bull mix, etc..) and also wanted to know how tall she was at the ears! (Well, let's see, that depends... when she is standing up, eating, sleeping, laying down, laying flat.. gosh she could be anywhere from 1" to 40" I guess!! Needless to say that was where I stopped- I didnt even reply to that one)

Then I got a call this weekend from someone who just had to have a horse that was under a year old. That was the only requirement. Oh, and that was going to stay small. (Ok, how small?- they didnt know) They never asked about the horse itself, the personality, care, what do they eat or even photos? They just wanted the cheapest horse they could find that was under a year old. When I asked what they were looking for- what were they going to do with it - just something to throw in the backyard- they didnt want to drive or DO anything with it. They just kept repeating it had to be under a year old. Uh... no.

I feel for you... there seems to be a lot more strange people trying to buy horses or items lately. About ready to put, "No time wasters" on my ads.

I went through some doozes when I was selling my Fjord, and Blk Icelandic mare last year. Luckily though.. wading through the nuts,, I found great buyers and wonderful homes for them.

So hang in there, you will find the perfect home..just give it time!

Ahh yes crazy horse buying people... that reminds of the story about how people form all over the country called about Polly and one woman wanted her for her 7 yr old son to have as a riding horse yeah sure wat ev
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
good luck

Just remember, it is alot easier when the crazies are strangers, when they are related (even if it is through marraige) it makes it alot harder to say what on God's green earth are you thinking!!!!!!! Doesn't mean I won't say it, it just makes it a little more akward.

Carolyn

I think because minis are so small, a lot of people who "know" they have no business owning full size horses seem to think they can swing it if it's "just a mini" (grrrr...)
default_wacko.png

Hi,

I have a cam at home too, but where do you get the program from so you can have sound too???

Mine just does the video, and as it is currently aimed at my bed because my dogs sleep there when I am atwork, and my co-workers make fun of me so maybe I should aim it out at the horses
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back