Another barn/stall divider idea

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I talked to a horse friend today. We were looking at my barns and he told me about a barn his friend built. I believe his friend's whole barn was built this way but I think it would be great for dividers......

He said the corners were built out of steel. Not sure if it was "c" purlin or some kind of angle iron. The corners formed a slot. They then slid 2 x 4's into the steel corners to make the walls. Each board stacked on the previous board. No need for screws or nails. If a board got broken, the ones above it were pulled back out and the broken one replaced.

Sounds like they could be made as tall as you want them to be (or as short). They can't chew on the wood as easily because the ends aren't exposed at all and the edges are too close together to get a bite.

It's a great idea! I did something similar in my old barn. I called the machine shop and told them what I wanted to do. I think they called it "U" channel but a 2X_ would slide right into it. They drilled holes in it for me so I could screw it into the posts.

It was very easy to do and looked awesome. You are right, you could make them as high as you wanted to or take the walls out easily to double the side of your stalls.

Yes that's a channel.

Jerry was putting one up in the new barn to show me what he had in mind. They are really simple to do and can also be done in wood as well. It is a simple solution to height issues and also replacing boards. Thanks for posting.

I love walls like this. I have 2. I just moved a whole 11' wall over 2 ft all by myself. It was so easy and quick. Now I have 3 ten foot square stalls. I swear by em. Hey Marty do these!
aktion033.gif

I wish I would of done these in my barn....my walls are too high for the minis...they can't see each other.

Back