Another baby born!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Just to keep me humble Skittles foaled her 2nd baby, the 1st for me last night about 12:30am. She was loose in the very pregnant mares pen while I had a different mare shut in the stall under camera. I have watched Skittles for over 7 weeks now and for 7 weeks she had the same small bag. At 6pm I checked her yet AGAIN and it was slightly larger. I thought finally she will make a real bag now and progress. LOL she progressed all right, straight to foaling!

Baby is black with irregular face blaze, 2 blue eyes and a little white on both hind feet. He is a definite minimal splash overo as mom is a blue eyed belly splash and dad is a 1 blue eye black minimal splash himself, our Shadow. Skittles and baby seem fine. But I am of course worried after our last disaster. Her bag is not anywhere near as big as my mares usually are and the baby is real refined and delicate. But I keep watching and sure looks like he is nursing ok. I sure hope so. Anyway here he is with his lovely mom at just a few hours old.

skittlesshadcoltlayfacecamclose10hrs71505.jpg

skittlesshadcoltstdsideheadcamnice10hrs.jpg

skittlesshadcoltwalk10hrs71505.jpg

skittlesshadcoltlayfacecamclose10hrs71505.jpg

OMG Jen he is just GORGEOUS!! You know how much I like those kind of horses!! How much will he be? CONGRATS AGAIN!

How many foals do you have left? any left in foal to Ranger?

-Gage-

Jennifer, that baby needs to be at my house! we have a filly called "lucky seven" who has a seven on her face! they almost match! jennifer
saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE COLT, CONGRADULATIONS. I CAN NEVER FIGURE OUT ALL THOSE COLOR PATTERNS!!!! I WOULDN'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT THE MAMA'S BAG NOT BEING TOO LARGE, THIS TIME OF YEAR SOME OF THEM AREN'T, BUT AS LONG AS THE BABY IS NURSING FREQUENTLY HE SHOULD DO O.K.

What a cutie, I love his little weird stripe, congratulations!

aktion033.gif
Congratulations on your new Colt..he is adorable! I love his wild looking blaze and blue eyes!
wub.gif

Congratulations
aktion033.gif
he is a very cute colt , I wish the best for mom and colt!
yes.gif

congratulations!! what an unusual marking. Hes sure a handsome boy!

Congratulations, handsome boy!!
smile.gif
Love his unusual face marking, looks like a lightning bolt!

How cute!
wub.gif
I love that marking on his face, very cool! Congrats on your new little sweetie!
aktion033.gif

Now that is a COOL face marking!!!
yes.gif

I think Zig Zag or Zig Zagger would be neat.

Just to make you feel a little better about the mare's bag......

I have a 21 year old mare who has had numerous babies and last year I was freaking out because she didn't have milk when her colt was born, it came in 30 minutes after he was born and she never got hardly a bag at all, according to past owners she this was her normal routine, none of the foals had a problem.

I've got a couple other mares that don't get much of a bag to speak of either.

Hopefully both your foal and Dam will be ok, nothing wrong with keeping a close eye on things.

Cute little guy!
wub.gif
I love those strange facial markings...and of course, those blue eyes!!!!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back