another Angel update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I didn't realize that I hadn't taken time to give everybody an update.

Angel is still very sick. She is drinking well but not eating nearly enough. She won't touch her grain at all, is eating very little hay but will graze a little as long as we are there to make her take a step. She will eat until the grass is gone then just stand there until we make her take a step then she will repeat.

She is still very wobbly and has a lot of trouble trying to walk. We have to walk at the side of her to steady her to take her out to graze. It is a long process to get her from the stall to the grass.

She is so thin. It is amazing how they can go from fat and healthy to having their backbone sticking up and their hipbones sticking out in a very short period of time.

We are doing everything we can and the vet says the worst is behind her. He thinks she has a good chance of survival but it sure is heartbreaking to see her like this.

Keep the prayers coming, I think that is all that has gotten her this far.

Thanks,

Mary

PS Her baby is doing wonderful, she is eating Equine Jr. and grazing. She sticks really close to her mommy, I think she knows her mommy can't chase her.

Oh that poor thing. I can only imagine how you heart is breaking for her but don't let her know it. Keep cheerful and upbeat and hopeful and give her pep talks! Praying for a speedy recovery.

It's got to be hard to see her this way but it sounds like she is a survivor for sure. Thanks for the update.

Latest posts

Back