ANNOUNCEMENT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Sorry Mona and Karen.... I couldn't resist. I figured you see the title and say "OH FINALLY!!!!

Unfortunately as you can see by the hour 1:23 a.m. here I am still on mare stare
sad.gif
, no Canada Day foal. The only difference in Abby is her vulva is VERY lax tonight, that is about the only change with her and that she is HUGE (sigh) so the sleepless nights continue.

I was however graced today at around 12 noon with my cat Emma (long haired tortie) with her "foaling" in the feline way
biggrin.gif
. She was outside and knew extinctively to come to the door and ask to come in, she is a barn cat. Anyway she came into the house and ran down the hall to the third bedroom, thought she just wanted to nap. Two minute later she comes into the family room and is panting
ohmy.gif
. She runs back to the third bedroom and jumps on the bed
new_shocked.gif
and starts pushing. I was lucky to grab a towel and lift her up and put her on it just in the nick of time. The first one was the grey/cream female (breech birth), the 3 others orange/white and all orange were normal births and I got to see them all born
aktion033.gif
We are keeping the grey/cream female and will be looking for homes for the boys.

I told Emma to send vibes to Abby that this is the way it's done!!!!

Here they are at 2 hours old. Thanks for letting me share as I am getting so envious of all those that have announced a new foal in the last week. I know my time is coming but the wait is killing me!!!!

Emma_s_Kittens-1.jpg

Well, just so Abby does not get the idea she is supposed to have FOUR babies!!!! Congratulations on the kitties- now go and poke Abby with a pointy stick!!

I did wonder if your "announcement" post meant you had a foal at last, but somehow I just didn't thing it looked right--didn't really feel like a new foal post!

But, congrats on the kitties (I love kitties, but no, I have plenty of orange and white kitties already so I don't need another one!
laugh.gif
)

Just make sure that Emma doesn't get Abby all confused, so she thinks she is supposed to produce a litter of kittens! One foal is sufficient I think!

Your title caught me. I thought for sure you had a foal. Your kitties are adorable though.

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrin.gif
Yep, you got me on that one Danielle!
yes.gif
I sure wish she would HURRY UP! BTW...I have been thinking about her, and about you on mare stare and the whole situation in general...Danielle, you must be totally daft(as Fizz would say
wink.gif
)!! Think about it...this is all Mike's fault! He is the one that bid on Abby and bought her, so HE should be the one with all the sleepless nights out in the barn with her! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new litter of kittens. I see at least one is a 6-toed critter!

biggrin.gif
Mona. I have been married to that man long enough (29 years) to know he would say in this situation "she is all yours, I bought her for YOU".
rolleyes.gif
No way would he go through what I have been going through. I fnally got some shut eye last night around 2:30 a.m. after doing a final check on her. I was up at 5:30 a.m.
wacko.gif
I will try and get a nap in this afternoon but Mike wants to go strawberry picking, oh joy, and wants me to make some jam, like I really have the time for that!!! My daughter has been helping with mare stare during the day so it takes some of the "edge" off of me.

Yes 3 of the kittens have the 6 toes, mamma cat doesn't but her mother produced them so figure it skipped a generation in this case.

Latest posts

Back