Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she hung on and hasn't so far heard the cry of GET TO WORK!! Been laying flat out, puffing and dreaming, then back up to eat more hay. I'd better top up her hay corner I think as she's now munching again! After that I'm waking Cathy up and digging her out of her warm bed here in the corridor coz it is my turn to get warm, cosy and asleep! (it's 3.15am and I'm getting a bit boggle eyed staring at this screen, plus I have had too many cups of tea and now need a loo visit!) Chapella has just done a large wee (which has made me feel more desperate LOL!) and a large pile of normal droppings so I think we may be out of luck for a foaling tonight - unless things change quickly.

So goodnight all - back tomorrow.
default_saludando.gif

Hope you got some sleep while Cathy watched. Keep us posted as you know we're very excited to see what your girls are hiding!

Just checking in........Anna I really enjoyed your pictures, you sure have some beautiful surroundings!!!! And your little stone barn looks so nice and cozy too!!!! How are the girls doing, looking any closer to showing those babies???????

Sorry for the lack of news folks - but of course there is no news!! At least we dont have to worry about Chapella foaling early this year as both girls are actually due next weekend. I still think that she will foal in the next day or two as she is really uncomfortable and twitchy. Off now to give them their late night feeds as it is now 11.40pm here and little Heidi will be stomping her foot with impatience at the lack of food appearing! (Heidi at 26 has a severe lack of molars left, so rarely nibbles at the soft leafy hay always available to her. During the day while out in the field she can bite the grass but then rolls in around in her mouth and squeezes all the juice out of it, after which she spits it out!! The field is covered with little 'balls' about 2" round of Heidi's grazing methods!! LOL!! Due to this she is 'fully' fed throughout 24 hours with 5 feeds of High Fibre cubes plus balancer, of course all carefully warm water damped down to a crumbly texture. Although only 28" she happily puts away a similar amount of food that would be given to a 10 hand pony under the same circumstances - greedy little wotsit!!)

Maybe I'll be able to report the arrival of a foal tomorrow - but then maybe not! LOL!!

We'll be looking forward to an announcement, if it comes. If not, we're happy to wait more!

I had an old, old stallion who did the 2" round balls he spit out after "sucking the juice out" !! When he came here he had almost no teeth left, but he managed to gum as much food down as everyone else. He just left a "mess" behind! LOL

Just flying in to report that this morning Chapella had wax on one of her teats! Never done that before! So we have been field watching all day and ar really hoping that tonight WILL BE the NIGHT!! Wish us luck please!!

Hope everyone else is ok - will try to get back this evening to read all the posts and do a catch up.
default_yes.gif

2.10pm and still no baby, just a very twitchy restless mare! I really think that she would like to relieve herself of this baby tonight - as an experienced mare she knows the drill and when the restless uncomfortable twitches are over, she seems so relieved to have a little clam time to munch on her hay!

Will be waking Cathy in an hour or so for her to take over active watching. Clever Cathy has somehow connected our two laptops so hers is sitting on a table in the barn with its internal camera focused on Chapella's stable, while mine is indoors with me able to watch Chapella via Cathy's laptop. Cathy is still sleeping alongside Chapella's stable on her camp bed, but at least she is able to sleep and a phone call from me as soon as anything looks 'interesting' will wake her right there on the spot, while I'm still gathering my elderly body from my chair and forcing it into action, donning my outside gear and stumbling to the barn trying not to trip up on my way - by the time I get myself there baby could well be virtually arriving, hopefully into Cathy's waiting hands!!

Oh by the way, had another text about an hour ago from our friend - Poppy has foaled and all's well. Not sure yet whether it is a colt or a filly, but have been told that Poppy always has colts and the text said it is huge! Will try to get her to send some pics of it and Fleur's filly asap so I can post them here.

Come on Chapella - you are getting left behind, plus making a mockery of my telling everyone that you usually foal early!! Should have kept my mouth shut I think!
default_yes.gif

Can't wait to hear, and you know how these girls can make mockeries of us! Besides, she knows that we are all waiting anxiously for her little one to arrive....so as usual, she will take her time!

Can't wait to see the pictures of the new little ones though! Maybe Chapella will get envious as we ooooohhh and awwwww over the other new ones, and want her little one to get the same attention!

Just a very quick update - not foal last night!! But now (7.30pm) we have had dripping milk, now full wax on both teats and I'm sure we are on the way!!

ps Phone call from friend received to say that Poppy had a filly last night!! Well done Poppy - she's only had colts before!

Off to get back to Chapella.
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

It's a filly, a big bouncing black and white pinto girl! Mom and baby just fine. Very quick birth once she got down to bothering about it LOL!! Chapella totally laid back and baby up and bouncing within 5 minutes.

Pics and details will follow later this morning after morning chores. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes folks.
default_yes.gif

CONGRATUATIONS my dear friend! Can't wait to see these pictures! In fact, ALL the babies!!

Latest posts

Back