ANIMARK PREGTEST

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucksfizz

Reaction score
Help you guys lol!
default_saludando.gif

I went out into the field this morning for a good session and have to say Im hopelessly confused.

Am I doing something wrong?...but all my mares seem to be flashing all kind sof lights at me, I think I get one long line ,...indicating pregnancy then she turns her head at me and all the lights go mad lol!!

default_no.gif

Can anyone point me to a dvd for this machine showing it in operation?.....can anyone give me some help and advice?

I do have the manual, but keep fiddling and dont feel I am getting anywhere fast other than a bad neck and strained eyes?

default_new_shocked.gif

You could always contact the company. Here is their info. from the internet:

Animark Inc.

876 Ventura St. Aurora, Colorado 80011

800-532-4048 303-343-8342

Good luck!

Hi..thank yes I did think of that, but to be perfectly honest with you...really wanted some input from real people working these machines on their own studs?

Sometimes find they give a far better explanation than the sales people
default_wub.png

Anyway no joy so far no reply....

We use it also and do sometimes get frustrated - but we do get results - it requires ALOT OF PATIENCE! LOL

We find that shaving the dimple area works best and plenty of oil/lube makes a big difference. No matter how slick they've shedded out, we just get better results when we're on skin.

We have an older model (as far as the light display goes) but the instructions for use are the same.

You must press firmly and not move too much. Aim directly across (straight). Once you're pressed against them in the dimple area, then ever so slightly tilt it but don't keep picking it up and moving it around. Keep it well oiled.

Keep in mind that if your mare happens to be in season, you will get a false reading as their thickness during season can be the same thickness pregnant. I read that the new models can give light signals for all sorts of other issues going on in there also. And full bladders will give a false reading also but my horses don't pee on demand LOL

After 100 - 120 days, you need to test in front of the udder/bag as the fetus/uterus drops to the bottom of the abdomin (so stated by the instruction manual).

Difficult to keep the horse still, but her movements will give signals to the machine too. Helps to have someone holding the mare for you. This time of year, we spray them with flyspray first - to help them stand still LOL

Keeping your machine on a good charge helps also. And you may need to fine tune the controls for signal strength and sensitivity - they cover this in the manual.

You said you have the manual - not knowing which one you use - I found this site with demonstrated pictures and lots of good info - that we use. Just in case it's different from yours - although may be the same you have.

www.animark.us/Pregtest_Owners_Manual.pdf

Not sure if any of this helps at all, but has worked for us after many frustrating attempts.

Thankyou!>.yes ..I do have the same manual.

I didnt clip though, so will try that next, I do use lots of jelly but didnt think of the fly spray!!

I just need to get my head round all those lights, I didnt realise there would be quite so many.

I will plug on with it,

Thanks again

Fizz

Latest posts

Back