Animal Genetics Lab working overtime........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
Very surprised to receive an e-mail from the Animal Genetics Lab this afternoon, July 4th. Had sent in the paperwork and mane & tail hairs last week, which they received on June 30th. On their website it says "Results available within 2-4 business day", so this is above and beyond the call of duty!

And the great news was that our mare, a bay tobiano, is positive for the Tobiano gene!!!!! And we named her appropriate three years ago, Sassy Image! She had her first heat cycle in June and was bred to our black Arabian-type stallion, Circle S Aces High. I think we know now we'll be getting a pinto next spring!

That's Sassy as a foal in my avatar, and here she is as a yearling, with paw prints and now she's developed some sabino roaning. The odd thing is that our stallion is NOT homozygous, but obviously her mother was.

image053.jpg

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

i'm so happy 4 u!

i both my filly amonth ago, & she had the paw print, & there was a 90% chance.... then we cliped her... her spots disaperaed & never came back!!!
no.gif
but i still love her lol
yes.gif
wub.gif

i love solid, pinto & appaloosa black minis so i hope u get a real beauty!
yes.gif

good luck

desiree

The odd thing is that our stallion is NOT homozygous, but obviously her mother was.
Not necessary that either sire or dam be homozygous for the foal to be. Just necessary that they each have at least one pinto (tobiano) gene. As long as both parents pass on one tobiano gene, the foal will be homozygous.

By the way, she's beautiful.

That's great
aktion033.gif
Sounds like Animal Genetics Inc. is setting the standard in service. It's great that there are other labs showing up to create some competition with the lab in California. In Holland there are no reliable labs so we send everything to the states.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back