Animal Cruelty as ART???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
I am enclosing a link to a blog from My Space that speaks for itself. There is a petition (written by a non-English speaking person) embedded in the blog that both Larry and I have signed. We can't save the poor little one that died as an "art form", but hopefully we can stop the so-called "artist" from doing it again! (My heart and my gut is aching right now.)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=377480526

I looked that up on Snopes.com and it's over a year old and unproven.

I don't remember everything they had on it but the link is snopes.com.

There is no denying that there is starving dog on display at the end of that lead.

Here's the link to snopes about it........

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/vargas.asp

Obviously something stank to high heaven, but they couldn't prove it. The letter that was included was very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other accounts state that the exhibit was deliberately set up so that the dog appeared to be neglected while the gallery was open to the public, but the animal was otherwise properly cared for.
I sure hope this was the case! Poor thing.

I've never seen a "properly cared for" animal that looked like THAT!
default_wacko.png

if there is any truth to this, i find the people who walked by and did nothing just as abhorrent as the so-called artist.

Those pictures made my stomach just ache...
default_sad.png

I signed the petition right away!

It amazes me that the museum allowed it as weel as the museum visitors!

I would have removed the animal...even if I would have gotten arrested for doing so!

UGH!

OK, I am going to add a touch of reality here. It says this dog was a stray the "artist" had some kids catch for him. If indeed it was a stray it looks like 90% of the street dogs in central america, in better condition than most of the street kids who run just as wild. I lived there for three years, this dog actually looks pretty darn good compared to most strays. I know we like to judge but in third word countries this is the reality. When you don't have enough to feed your kids, you sure aren't able to spare anything to feed the street dogs and no the authorities would not have allowed anyone for any reason to starve a dog to death publically. It looks to me like the artist was trying to draw attention to the plight of the pariah dogs (and perhaps the throw away kids as well).

It still should not have been tied up with no more chance.
default_no.gif
And calling this art goes too far. Some artists put toilets up on display as well.... Id prefer the toilet...

I looked that up on Snopes.com and it's over a year old and unproven.
A friend of mine, who speaks Spanish, e-mailed the originating author of this petition, just yesterday, and it is real. He said he now has over 2 million who have signed the petition, Worldwide...and is very hopeful that when presented...will prevent such a thing ever happening again.

It looks to me like the artist was trying to draw attention to the plight of the pariah dogs (and perhaps the throw away kids as well).
No, I do not agree. Had this "artist" been interested in such an ideal...the dog would NOT have been allowed to starve to death.

I realize that not all Countries place the same value on human life as we do, let alone that of animal, but that is no reason not to TRY!!

Latest posts

Back