Angel, maiden mare's highly anticipated pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Diane and yes I am totally in love with her and Angel too- what a good mom and such a sweet soul.
default_smile.png

Thank you yes I did make them I couldn't seem to find one that was all Velcro and I didn't want anything with snaps or anything baby could get caught in so I just played around on my sewing machine and I'm quite happy with them
default_smile.png

Thanks Renee, if I ever get it down to where it doesn't take me forever to make them I would consider it, but for now I need more practice to get more efficient.

Wildfire is growing up too fast
default_sad.png
. She now gets her own little pile of hay and her own little bit of mash because she keeps getting mama's and Angel does NOT want to share. Oh and by the way these pictures were taken at 10:47PM tonight- yep land of the midnight sun- we really won't see a true night until fall
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

I forgot that you guys would have a night less summer that's so cool! But does it make it hard to sleep? How hot does it get in summer?

She is looking too cute! And you are doing an amazing job with her! I was wondering how you got so much time to get her going so well at everything so early and it's because it doesn't get dark there lol ;) clever!

We have had a really mild autumn here first day of rain and 16 degrees lol

She is looking so cute! My son Ben lived up there for about a year helping out a friend, and that midnight sun was quite an adjustment for him!!

They sure do grow fast -- but so pretty!

Hi Cassie,

Yep it does make it awfully hard to fall asleep, but we get to hibernate all winter so who needs sleep in the summer ;-). Thank you, she is growing up and is just so cute I can't help but play with her any spare moment I have! If the weather makes you feel any better we got like 6 inches of snow between May 17-18th (broke two records) so the weather is pretty iffy here too though it is pretty sunshine the next couple days so I intend to make the most of it
default_smile.png

Thanks Diane- she's a keeper for sure
default_smile.png

Yep the sun does take adjustment for sure- but it is so worth the adjusting and maybe some stock in black out blinds ;)

Sorry it's been a little while since I've been on here, our summers are so short we have to take advantage of every minute of sunshine! Wildfire is just as cute as she can be
default_smile.png
. We've decided to register her as Heaven Sent Fire By Design (daddy is Lucky U- Designers Touch). We *think* she is going to be a smoky black now that she's starting to shed out. What do you all think? Diane do you still think she will be buckskin? She had a high chance of buckskin and only a 4% chance of smoky black but her newly shed places look almost black kind of a charcoal color or really dark ash. She still has her light blue eyes though which I love
default_smile.png
. Here are some pictures from yesterday of her getting some snuggles and scratches.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Teach them respect from an early age or they will walk all over you.

/monthly_06_2013/post-45138-0-38088600-1370227822_thumb.jpg

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Thank goodness we don't breed shires
default_thumbup.gif

I understand that you have been out enjoying your summer and I don't blame you, my son thought it was mad when I told him about the amount of hours of light you get now. He suggested we move their for a while to try the experience
default_yes.gif
Thanks for sharing the pics with us, I was missing her
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Eagle I know I am going to regret letting her lay all over me eventually but right now I keep saying Ill fix it later because I love it when she does it so much. I'm sure in the future this wont happen but I just can't seem to help it with my first baby!

Yes the light is really neat. For example we are just getting ready to head down to the beach in Kenai for a couple days with the dogs. It's just after midnight here and it's a four hour drive but its light out and this is the best time to see bears and wolves so we are headed out in about thirty minutes to make the drive
default_smile.png

I'm going to miss little Wildfire like crazy (this will be the longest I've ever been away from her) but my mama will take good care of her and the rest of the critters.

I am sure she will be fine and grow out of sitting on you
default_yes.gif

Wow sounds like you are off on an adventure, you be careful and stay safe
default_pray.gif
But most of all HAVE FUN
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Renee-

I'm sure and will turn out great despite my mistakes
default_smile.png

We will we always have a gun with us when camping, hiking, riding etc (pretty much every Alaskan does) and we don't take unnecessary risks
default_smile.png
. Ill try to get some good pictures if we are anything and pass them along. It should be a blast
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back