Angel is home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
We brought Angel home this morning along with her filly and her medicine chest. Poor girl has to have shots and banamine in the mornings and pills, probiotics, and Maalox at night but she is home.

Her first project when she got out of the trailer was to try to wobble to her stall. Then she had to give her buddy a quick bite on the end of his nose so he would Know she was home and still wouldn't tolerate any nonsense.

The filly just wanted to run,and run, and run some more. She was stalled with mom for a few days and really needed to stretch her legs.

Angel seems to be feeling much better, just nibbled her grain and hay today but wanted her carrots for the first time in a week!

The vet said she is not out of the woods yet but he thinks the worst is behind her. He told me to expect a long recuperation time and that we would not know for several weeks whether or not the wobbly gait is permanent.

He did tell me to go ahead with one more shot for each of the other horses. That will mean 3 shots instead of 2. He also told me NOT to give any to Angel till next spring but he wants to vaccinate the baby at 2 months instead of 3 in case she didn't get any immunity from her mommy.

Angel is still weak and tonight had a panic attack. The vet told me that might happen so I was prepared for it but she was so scared it took us quite awhile to calm her down. Poor girl was shaking she was so scared and was calling the baby constantly even though her nose was on the baby's back.

It is going to be hard but I feel a lot more optomistic now. At least I can hug her without having to worry about the IV. We'll just have to take it one day at a time and be extremely thankful that we have that day.

Thanks for all of the prayers and support, it means more than I can say.

Mary

Well shoot. Just finished drying my eyes after watching "The Notebook" and then I come read this. Pass the kleenex--at least these are great, big, fat happy tears! Yeah Angel!

I'm so glad Angel got to come home and is on the road to recovery. I hope she recovers completely and quickly.

For those who are wondering which of my babies is Angel, this is a picture of Angel and her filly taken when the fillly was 10 hours old.

Mary

Anglbby1.jpg

Hang in there Angel!!! She sounds like quite a fighter.
aktion033.gif

What a happy/sad post!

Happy that Angel is well enough to come home......but I almost got tearful reading about her panic attack! I hope those go away for her quickly.

MA

So glad Angel is home and improving every day. She sure is a pretty thing and her filly is a doll.
wub.gif
Praying for a 100% recovery.
pray.gif

I'm so glad she is home. I know it's not easy, but she's in the best place possible to recover.
hearton.gif

This has to be absolutely nerve shattering for you; but Angel is where you can watch over her yourself and give her hugs whenever either you or she needs them. Much better than having such limited time with her while she's in the horsepital. Good Luck With Your Girl!!!

Angel has an Angel of her own, and her name is Mary. I already said so in my email, she's in the best hands. I'm glad she's home! Hang in there Mary, I know how hard this is for you. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Still sending prayers

All good thoughts coming your way, glad she is home, that in itself can do wonders for recovery.

WHOOHOO! She's home! Hope everything goes well, she is a beautiful mare!
wub.gif

Oh Mary, Angel has such a beautiful face...I love her and what a precious little one she has.
wub.gif
..I'm praying for a speedy recovery for her and strength for you to continue the wonderful care you've give her...
aktion033.gif

Bless all of your sweet hearts. So glad Angel and baby are home with you. Know you will be watching over them closely. Take care of yourself too.

Gayle and Jackie Foster

Bella Alba Minis

Oh Mary, I'm so glad she is home
aktion033.gif

I understand that there is still a long road to walk, but with you by her side I just bet you she makes the trip to full health safely.

Blessings to pretty Angel, her lovely baby and her 'humans'.

Charlotte

I am so glad that she came home that she is doing better. I hope for a full recovery.

Latest posts

Back