Andis Vs Wahl clippers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GwynethYogi

Reaction score
I was just wondering which one everyone preferred, Andis or Wahl? I'd be using them to body clip two minis and a pony once or twice a year.

Thanks!

always used andis while grooming dogs and cats. Haven't tried anything else..why change if what you have works?

I've had all 3...Andis, Wahl and Oster that I have used to groom my dogs...Poodle and a Yorkie, mainly. Wahl are cheap and I don't like them. Oster, it depends on what you get...you need to at least buy the Golden A5, the cheaper ones, do not work well at all. I love my Andis ones and have been very pleased with them.

I have a set of high end Wahl that I wouldn't trade for anything. They went through 2 hurricanes that filled the carrying case with water both times. They sat like that for over a week before I found them. All they needed was a little oil and they've run perfectly for another 9 years. We have 5 to 10 minis they body clip every spring plus any other times as needed for shows. I also have a pair of Oster Clipmasters that went through the same 2 hurricanes. I bought those to replace the used pair I bought when I was 16 yrs old. Those lasted another 20 years before I retired them still in working order. They are may back up clippers to this day.

The moral here is don't waste your money on cheap clippers whatever the brand. Buy the best you can as it is way cheaper in the long run.

I use nothing but Andis for both my small and large clippers. I tried the osters and hated them. My Andis are the ones I go to. We're lucky in that we have an Andis service man that comes to the Region 12 Arabian Show here in Perry and he cleans and repairs clippers and sharpens blades while he's here. I've never had to have any repaired, but I always get blades sharpened.

Love my Wahl KM2. I have had them for a long time and they still run awesome! I do start with my large Andis clipper to get the winter hair off.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

I like my Andis. It takes a little longer than I would want to eat through winter fuzz, but I think that has to do with impatience and wanting to see what color my ever-changing mare is going to look like each summer. She is graying out.

My first horse clippers were Andis, and I hated them. I have had Andis blades for my Double K clipper & I hated those blades too! So, I dont see myself ever buying anything Andis again.

On the other hand--I love my WahlsI bought the Wahl Chromado the spring of 2005 and if I had got them before I bought my Double Ks I would never have bought the Double Ks. I have used the Chromado hard every spring, summer & fall since I got them. They are still going strong, though the battery finally started to weaken last summer. They still do a lot of clipping on one charge, but not as much as they did the first 7 years I used them. I body clip all my foals, spring clips on the older horses, and all my show clipping with them. One blade will last me most of the summer, even with clipping dirty horsesI do use a new blade when clipping faces for the shows. Definitely love those clippers, and blades!! Now I also have a Wahl Arco, and they are just as good, though I havent used them much yetthe thing I like about them is they come with a second battery, so I can clip with one & have the other on chargenon stop clipping that way. After having these Chromado clippers I wouldnt buy anything but Wahl.

I also have the Wahl KM2 clipper and love them! They hold up, are quite, stay cool, and feel great in the hand. I love having the option of two speeds. I just snap my 10 wide blade on, and go to town all over the body, and switch it out for my 10 regular, for more delicate areas like the head and legs.

Dan.

Latest posts

Back