And now for my BIG baby!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Midnight is growing so much, his mom will be able to nurse off of him soon! Midnight was born June 3 and if you stand and watch carefully, you can see this boy grow!
biggrin.gif

Haven't a clue where his height had crept in from. Mom is 34, dad is 31, and at almost 3 months, Midnight is now at 29". He is now one inch taller than my shortest mare.
new_shocked.gif

I've got to say, watching him nurse is the funniest thing, he is about on his knees!
wacko.gif

But I am more than pleased with this guy and can he ever move. Is very much about himself and can not wait to geld him and start training. Wish I were better at pictures, because he is such a nice horse.

Thanks for letting me share my big baby!

This was taken yesterday, standing next to his mom. His head is considerably higher than her rear, so nursing does become a chore.

m1.jpg

This boy is simply beautiful, you lucky dog you! Your herd is just growing in leaps and bounds and seems like everything you have there is a wow horse!

I just HATE it that I suck so bad at pictures, because Midnight is so nice. But I look at the pictures and I'm thinking????? Just what did I see before!
sad.gif

Maybe I'll get some picture lessons instead of training next year. AND a much better camera.
rolleyes.gif

midnight10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a foal that did that...just grew and grew and grew
new_shocked.gif
. Like yours, dam was 34", sire was 32.5". He was so big, compared to the other foals that I called him "Baby Huey"
biggrin.gif
But, one day, at about 8 mos, he just quit the growing and matured at just a touch over that size. It is scary
ohmy.gif
The people who bought him were kind enough to give him another name -- and he is a truly laid back, silver buckskin who is a driving delight
yes.gif

Hang in there, one day he will just be topped out. Some grow fast.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back