AND FINALLY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

default_new_multi.gif

Image and I took our first "real ride" ever, yesterday!!!

I've messed around riding him walk-trot, light rides, in arenas since last fall, any horse can do that. But we've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting for his three year old year for four years now! And FINALLY... its here. The most anticipated thing I've ever had in my life (I have no life, clearly)

Bettcha can't guess how it went
default_xreiter.gif

We took an approx. 8 mile ride with 7 other horses, including Miss Molly, who the owner of the boarding facility was riding for me. All of the horses were wound up being the first group ride of the season
default_rolleyes.gif

We started off down the field, then to a dirt road. Image has never been around cars so I was wondering how that would go. The first car: 4 of the 7 horses spooked, Image didn't so much as flick an ear. We headed on and got to a busy road where we all hopped off and lead the horses down, still no negative reaction to cars from Immy.

Getting to our next dirt road we did some trotting. Image was thrilled! He has a huge stride (Must be daddy's..) Because Molly was doing a fast canter to keep up with Image's trot. When everyone got moving fast enough I asked Image to canter for the first time, he hopped right into one of the smoothest canters I've ever sat. It was big, high stepping, floaty and simply amazing. He was just as calm, cool, and easily manageable as if he'd been doing this all for 26 years
default_wub.png
The second I sat back and started to say whoa he was back at a walk. Don't tell Molly, but it was one of the best rides in my life and definitely the most satisfactory. He did everything 10x better then I'd expected. In fact, he was the only one who had not misbehaved threw the ride. And here I had 911 on speed dial, told everyone to enjoy the show.

We headed home with 7 tired, sweaty horses and one almost three year old still dry and ready to do it all again! He didn't want to go in the barn to get his saddle off, he was sure we would take him for another ride.
default_biggrin.png

Anyways - thats my brag story I've waited four years to share
default_smile.png
I wish we had pictures to go with it!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
What an awesome day for you! Congratulations, the wait was worth it, huh? Thanks for sharing, looking forward to some trail pics.
default_yes.gif

Nicole, I am SOOOOOO happy for you! Sounds like you did a wonderful job in preparing Image for this "big day" for the past 3 years!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats on a great day of riding. Sounds like you will have many more...
default_biggrin.png

Congrats Nicole!!! I can't believe it's been 4 years since Molly's been with horsey...
default_biggrin.png
. I guess time flies....so glad he did well for you.

Now I'm feeling very old! Today when I came home I had a message on my answering machine about if I have any minis for sale...it was kinda sad...been almost two years since they're gone...I can't believe I'm still here...

Wish you and Immy the best!

Nicole, that ride was YOUR reward for time and energy spent raising up a WELL ADJUSTED horse/companion. WELL DONE!

What an incredible day! I'm so happy for, and so proud of, both of you!!

Nicole, congratulations and WELL DONE!! Immy would not be the horse he is if you hadn't put so much groundwork and preparation into him.
default_aktion033.gif

Leia

What a great milestone, and great day!

I'm not surprised, though, as you are such a great mommy/teacher/friend to Image! I'm sure he was bursting with pride to give you this first real ride, and I can't begin to fully realize how deeply satisfying this must have been for you.

I can't stop smiling after reading your story...this is what it's all about!

susanne

(who remembers when Image was just a twinkle in his daddy's and mommy's eyes...)

Ah man, I opened this hoping for pictures of Image and Molly!!!

Seriously, congratulations, there's nothing like it, is there?
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back