An update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainSong

Reaction score
Well, since the Dr. put me on the medications, things have been vastly improved. Nathan is doing wonderfully- still very healthy, and very happy for the most part. They're leaving me on the meds for four months, then we'll be tapering off to see how it goes. I've been truely enjoying being myself again, and enjoying my little big man.
wub.gif

He's been eating like a horse the last day or so- he was eating 2-3 ounces (mostly 2-2.5) every 2-3 hours. He's suddenly eating 3 every 2 hours, and sometimes clearing 4 or 5 ounces in a 2-hour stretch. Last night he woke up twice (well, technically 3 times) and ate about 3 ounces each time.
new_shocked.gif

He'll be four weeks old on the tenth, though, and from what I've been told, they usually hiot a growth spurt at the 3-4 week mark. Scary though, since he had gained a pound and half an inch in height at the 2-week checkup! He's already trying to roll over - and would manage if he could figure out his arm is in his way. He's also following some movement by turning his head, and was batting at the blood-pressure cuff's inflation bulb at the Dr's appointment. He's smiling too- just not yet in response to us!!
wub.gif

Sounds like he's awake too. I'd better go- he's probably convinced he's starving, as usual
smile.gif

Oh, chances are that little man is not starving for food, but for YOU.

You are his world and you being happy is benefitting him and dad, too, as you know.

I am so glad to see this update as I was just about to post a "how are you" to get your attention.

Congratulations on getting through the first few weeks, those are the hardest, IMHO. By the time he's four months or so, you will be well into a routine and life will seem much easier.

Post pics when you can!

Liz M.

So glad to hear things are going well for you and you are enjoying your little man!

So happy to hear the update, Rainsong!!!!
aktion033.gif

And now, I can't help but ask.....
new_rofl.gif
Do you think he'll be gaited????
risa_suelos.gif
risa_suelos.gif
risa_suelos.gif

OK, just kidding. But so happy to hear things are going so well. Good for you - hope they continue to prosper!

Do I think he'll be gaited... ROFL We actually had conversations like that in a chat for a horse-sim game I play(ed), and for the cat-sim game as well.

I'll hopefully get more pics soon. We haven't been taking many, since we've been so busy trying to care for Nathan, plus eat/sleep/keep bottles clean, and in DH's case, work.

There is some good news- DH's "boss" said that afterthis weekend, hopefully the weekend work-days will be fewer. DH has been working one day (if not both) on the weekends for probably half a year or better now, and it's entirely unneeded. We'll have less pay from overtime, but it'll be nice for all three of us to have more time with him home.

Nathan really is adorable... I'm going to try and work on a page (or three
laugh.gif
) for all the hospital photos to go on... and any other photos. We have something like another half-used roll of film full of pics...

Thanks for thinking of me, and thanks to you all for your support and help (and prayers from some of ya
smile.gif
) when I was really bad off- you'll never know how much it helped, but let me tell you it was ALOT!!!

The first few weeks ARE the hardest, I swear- but now Nathan's become more "human" (LOL... ) and my head is alot clearer... and he's doing so many things other then eat, sleep, poop... everyday is an adventure!

And I know what I was "waiting" for for so long.

Latest posts

Back