An update on me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Well first off, hubby is still laid off..
default_no.gif
But I just got the call and I got the job I applied for
default_aktion033.gif
So I am praying with the good news I got, maybe more good things will start coming our way.. Also, with my drug addict sister, we (Me and the kids) still and will continue to not talk to her.. She is still at it, and worse again.. I just go down to see my dad when she isn't there. It is just sad, she is the only one I had to talk to since my mom died. We were always close.. So all I have is hubby, which he tries, but doesn't really give the emotional support as a sister and all of you guys!!
default_wub.png
I start my training Thrus. morning, so I will let you know how it goes. I have been doing the happy dance all morning!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
My children think I was sniffing something or hitting the bottle because I have been so down and out and they woke up to a happy mom...(they know I don't drink, just knew I was acting wierd..
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for letting me share..

Great news! I'm so happy for you!! You will do great!

Congratulations on your new job.
default_aktion033.gif
I can understand you missing your relationship with your sister; however, you are probably better off without all the drama she brings to your family. You never know, things can change and she may clean up her act and at that point you may want to include her in your life again.

Best of luck to you with your new job!!!!!!

Congratulations and Good Luck
default_aktion033.gif

The saying is if Mom's not happy no ones happy
default_wub.png
Glad to hear the good news.
default_saludando.gif

Sounds like great news..I am happy for you.

I don't know the story behind your sister and you don't have to post it either. I was just wondering ( I am sure you have) tried to talk her into rehab. Down deep she must miss you as much as you miss her. It just makes me sad. Sister's are very important.
Lisa, I have posted alot about her in the past, as she has been at it for 13 yrs now. Prescription meds, now anything she can get even dog pills..
default_wacko.png
, She has done the rehab thing a few times, to either shut my mom up and recently to save her job.. But she got fired from there when they heard she overdosed and spent the night in intensice care.. She signed herself out of help again that time.. I am affraid that her fate is in her hands and it won't be a good one.. I think the only way she will stop is when she kills herself.. I just pray to God, she doesn't do something to our elderly father. He has had 4 strokes, so he doesn't really see it when she is messed up. She is 39 and still lives at home with him, never been married.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I feel so much better that i got to "talk" to someone and share the only good news we have had in a while.. Thanks for being here for me!!!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Oh wow Jody..that sounds really bad. I am sorry for your whole family.

I don't mean to be dumb, but what do you mean by dog pills?
When she was messed up the last time, my dad didn't seen it. I went searching and found a pill bottle from her messed up neighbor, then I found a bottle for their tiny toy poodle teddy. i knew he was on stomach meds- Tagament- for his stomach/pancreatis(Sp?) due to my dad feeding him table food and he can't handle it. So when I found this other bottle, I asked my dad if she gave him 2 types of pills a day(It takes 2 of them to give him a pill due to the way he acts) and he said no. So I called the vet and found out that for over a yr she has been getting Alprazolam(Xanax) her drug of choice for him. He does have behavior issues, that if he was just shown he doesn't own everyone (he is less than 4 lbs) he would be fine.. When he is around me, he is good as gold..I don't let him get away with the stuff they do.. So I told the vet that my dad said she isn't giving him anything for his behavior daily, and that she was taking it herself, they noted his chart and she is not getting anything from them again..(She left a real nasty note in my mailbox the day she called the vet to get "his" refill and almost hit my son's friend who was coming to our house on his bike on the road when she turned around..) I think it is sad that she is getting that desperate..
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back