An Interesting Observation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albahurst

Reaction score
This evening, while checking my mare's vulvar area, I noticed a small marble-size water blister-type looking 'thing' inside of her at her inside opening. I have not ever seen anything like this before in a pg mare - it is not the bag, as she is not in active labor. She is showing many signs of impending foaling, however, and lost her mucous plug last Sunday morning. She is at day 315. Curious to know if anyone has ever seen something similar and might have any ideas. I do have some theories floating around in my head LOL

I wonder if its from rubbing? I have some pics that would just blow you away of what some of mine have done to their vulvas by rubbing.

I have had two mares that have done that in the past. It was from rubbing,the one mare was so bad we had to put her on antibiotics.

do you have a photo? I noticed my mare has a bump on the back side of her bag but not sure if its apart of her bag

I think it is from rubbing too. Last year my silver mare kept rubbing against the door that lead out to her paddock as she was shaping up. She was also softening and she did some real damage to her vulva. The vet came out gave me some antibiotics and told me to wash her good with mild soap and water, rinse well and apply some desitine ointment daily. She was all healed by delivery time.

Hum I wonder if I should do that. As my girls are going crazy. I was outside working and my black mare was rubbing on the fencing you would swear she is going to tear something. also everyone has loose stools. whats the deal with that. God hope they all aren't going at the same time. Cow patties for sure.

Hum I wonder if I should do that. As my girls are going crazy. I was outside working and my black mare was rubbing on the fencing you would swear she is going to tear something. also everyone has loose stools. whats the deal with that. God hope they all aren't going at the same time. Cow patties for sure.
don't leave her, she's close if she is having cow patties!

do you have a photo? I noticed my mare has a bump on the back side of her bag but not sure if its apart of her bag
No, I didn't take a photo- this is on the inside of her vulva- very far back in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back