An exciting morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
Well I have had two mares in the barn on the monitor for about three weeks...there is always a bit of time here between my leaving for work and my Dad taking over the watch were the girls are not on the system....this morning I went out at 6 am to check the girls, both eating and looking at me like quit bothering us!!! So back in the house, change clothes (nice business casual type outfit) and out to the truck to head for work. As I start up the truck all the horses in all the fields start raising a racket...thought someone was loose they were all carring on so! I jump back out of the truck and hear noises coming from the barn...ran in and there is my maiden mare Belva caste against the wall with one little baby hoof showing.....so much for the casual dress attire, jumped in there and turned her over than proceeded to try to rearrange things while she ran around the stall all confused about what was going on. Finally things were in the right place, big baby, and she lay back down...a few pulls and POP there he was.....

Belva was so intrigued by her new baby she started chuckling and running her lips all over him, he was up in about 10 minutes, nursing in 20, placenta all delivered, shots, iodine, a good rub and a warm blanket and darn I had to get to work! Back in the house to change again...truck still running (ouch with gas so high!!), tough to leave but got to pay the bills!! Anyway, here he is

Corky!!

S4300146.jpg

S4300151.jpg

Glad you were there to help out! He is really cute! What fun you will have!

Peggy

Congrats! He's very handsome, and you did it in your work clothes!! Sweet!

Jodi

Awww.....he was worth ruining an outfit for
default_biggrin.png

Glad you were still there to help! You know those tattletales let you know when things are amiss.

Awwww.......
default_wub.png
Corky! What a PERFECT name!

Definitely worth being a little late to work for
default_smile.png
Very cute boy, congratulations!

Jan

Great timing on your mare's part (and yours!)
default_biggrin.png
Congratulations, he's darling!

I'm SO glad you were there and helped him be born! Whew!

Congratulations! He's lovely!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back