An Eight hitch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSharpRanch

Reaction score
Well, I've conquered The Six hitch and I've decided I need to up my game yet again to an eight! Since I have limited time till fall, I ordered a set of lead reins for an eight. I know what horses I will most likely use so need to get them out for refreshers before attempting the eight. Who knows, we may like it enough to get it show ready!

The current six.16819099_10210344544748207_9149700140986853240_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I took the plunge this morning and hooked an eight! My daughter came over to help this morning with getting all the things located. Then refitting harnesses. We finally got them all hitched. I mounted the box, sorted out the reins, got hem adjusted and with my daughter on the end of a lead rope on the near lead mare, we were off to the arena. It wasn't too long before I was ready to try on my own. It was such an amazing feeling! We drove some circles, straight lines, through the pairs of cones, stopped, stood, backed and swung both ways. Lots and lots of work to do. Lots of adjustments to be made. And a few items that Hubby needs to build. So much fun!

The lead horses look so FAR away!

Sounds like you accomplished a lot in one day ☺. Are you aiming

for a certain show?

I would love to see the video, that would be interesting. Speaking of videos, did you ever see the one with a hitch of about fify mules? It was an awesome thing to see, fascinating to watch.

Hope you have more fun tomorrow!

Yes, they are far away. We have a lot of adjustments to make both on the equipment and harnesses. Each as it comes!

Thank you! Not too bad for our first attempt!

You are an inspiration to be sure. Love this so much! How close are the 8 in size to one another?

I've just had the one drive so far. We are in for horrible heat this week, which timing is good as I had a skin cancer taken off my back Thursday and am not suppose to be stretching it any while it heals. Timing is everything!

I will be driving my lead pair a lot to get them really good and driving four's too. I can only do eight when I have help.

Latest posts

Back