Amish Voice Commands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cayuse

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody here familiar with the voice commands that the Amish use with their driving horses? I have one that was probably from Amish country and was wondering if he and I might be having a small language barrier :).

Step up is common. Call your horses name first then ask them to step up. After that it depends on the region. And if the driver spoke Pennsylvanian Dutch good luck ;)

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to learn some Pennsylvania Dutch and try it on Cappy. MajorClem, he does seem to respond to "Up" or "Get Up." Dan uses the phrase more than me and now that you mention it, Cappy listens. I thought he just liked Dan better, lol. I'll going to give that more of a try. I'm a "clucker" which he doesn't really listen too.
I really need a better "whoa STAND" response and was hoping for a magic word :D. Looks like what's needed is more schooling, sigh...
Plaidmare, I'm not all that experience driving, I just muddle along and try to use info I picked up over the years here and there. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get stuck!

Latest posts

Back