@$#@#% AMHR!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope to hear something tomorrow from Zona, she is away, but they will be talking with her.

Just want her down correctly as: Buckskin Pinto Appaloosa,

Let you know tomorrow, I am to call again.

My filly is white & they put her down as white. that was in 07. Why would they do it in 07 & not now? here is a bad photo of my girl

100_3230.jpg

I hope you get the color corrected.

But I did want to say, that each and every time I have dealt with the office of AMHR, they have been helpful, kind, and listened,,,every time. Unlike some other organizations I belong to, with AMHR I do not dred calling the office because even if I don't get my way, I know it will still be handled by caring folks. They have never come across any other way to me.

I really hope your horses color gets corrected. She's very pretty btw!

so forgive me for my stupid question.. but.. to get a Correct color on a "white" horses papers ..wouldn't it be the base color UNDER the maximum white that is the correct color? why really is white an option?or is that just an option for say, the times when the expression is so max that the horses base color can not be determined?

sort of related & interesting- I have a max expressed sabino gelding.. a medicine hat , and luckily APHA registered him as a bay as was sent in, cause you couldn't tell from the pictures that's for sure! The only way the breeder knew he was bay was because he had a very few black hairs in his forelock! He has roan ears, he doesn't look bay at all! ( we knew for sure his color was correct years later when a sorrel mare foaled a Bay colt by him.
default_smile.png
)

CCC, there has been talk on here before about how some of us wish there would be a spot on the papers for what the horse really is, and keep the spot for what the horse looks like. However, at this point, they just register the horses based on how they look. That is why white is an option.

Lily is completely white, there are no colored hairs anywhere. When she was first born, she had a few red hairs on her ears, but that is gone now.

Hey Des, what a pretty "palomino." You know, I was told my options were palomino or perlino.
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
CCC, there has been talk on here before about how some of us wish there would be a spot on the papers for what the horse really is, and keep the spot for what the horse looks like. However, at this point, they just register the horses based on how they look. That is why white is an option.

Lily is completely white, there are no colored hairs anywhere. When she was first born, she had a few red hairs on her ears, but that is gone now.

Hey Des, what a pretty "palomino." You know, I was told my options were palomino or perlino.
default_unsure.png

CCC, interesting post, and to be honest I had wondered the same in the past. I guess Stephanie's reason makes the most sense - unfortunately for sure.

Stephanie, Nitro is a 1999 model. I am not sure if Perlino was an option back then, but I do wish his colour was right. I don't really care what their papers say, as long as I know what their colour is. Personally, I'd rather spend the money to get them tested for their correct colour, then to correct registration papers. If and when registries take correct colours into higher priority, my feelings may change, but for now I don't see the point.
default_wacko.png
I am sorry you got stuck with an ugly perlino filly... You should just ship her north!
default_wub.png

I'd love to see "grey" horses have a base colour listed. And I think "white" should be gone too... They are either a cremello, perlino or pinto; however the term "white" tells me very little unless parents colours were listed correctly... But what were the chances of that?
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh well, in a perfect world!
default_yes.gif

I too wish grays would have a base color listed, but last I knew, not even the big horse registries did that. However, I haven't had much to do with any other registries for quite awhile now.

Sorry Desiree, Lily is headed to Shreveport, LA a little later this month.

I know that the real gripe is someone NOT in authority deciding the color of the horse you are registering. But the problem of the registration color being wrong has been there forEVER. I can look at the studbook or lineage of any horse and see "grey" and I always wonder if it was/is a grey or really a silver.

At least we have the pictures now to go by which is a big step forward BUT the color on a picture will also depend on the lighting when it was taken and the ink in the machine that produced it.

I too wish grays would have a base color listed, but last I knew, not even the big horse registries did that. However, I haven't had much to do with any other registries for quite awhile now.

Sorry Desiree, Lily is headed to Shreveport, LA a little later this month.
Oh I was only teasing as her have loved her dam(and sire) since I met them.
default_smile.png
This wee one looks to have gotten the best from mom and dad... Only shows how nice your breeding program is! I hope you have a herd like this little filly next year!
default_wub.png
Her new mom is very lucky!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back