AMHR ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrminis

Reaction score
If you can make it so a mare cannot have offspring registered?

I am going to e-mail AMHR and ask them but thought I would check on here and see if anyone knew first..

Thank you!

No, neither AMHA nor AMHR issues "non breeding" papers.

Thank you!

As for why I don't know that it is important so I didn't include it but I have a 2008 filly that was born here that has angular limb deformity on the rear legs (she is cowhocked basically) and I have debated selling her to a pet home but I also know that not everyone that says they wont breed her will keep that promise. I may not sell her - we are content to just let her be the way she is here, however we have some changes coming up in our lives that may make it easier to sell a few of the minis due to time issues. We have looked into having her spayed but it is a bigger price than we feel able to justify when we know as long as we keep her she will never be bred...

Short of having her spayed, you cannot guarantee she will never be bred. About the best you can do is have the buyers/new owners sign a detailed contract and sell without papers. If you sell with papers however, there is nothing the registries can do to stop any foals from being registered.

Thanks Mona,

That is what I was afraid of. I know that there are "decent" people that if I were to sell her and they said they wouldnt breed her that they would do that but unfortunately I know there are people that will say they wont and then will so I guess for now I am just going to plan on keeping her unless our other changes throw a wrench into that
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back