AMHR Western Country Pleasure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mondak

Reaction score
Ok, so I have really been doing the ADS driving this past year with my gelding so I am kinda out of the loop with this new class. Is breeching allowed? If it is "optional" how many are really out there with it on, I don't want to be the odd man out when I don't have to be. Is a flash noseband ok? Thanks!!!

Courtney

I also drive ADS and Breed shows, whenever i drive i always keep my breeching on. I am usually the only one with it on. I belive its a better drive and my horses are used to it so why change it.

about the noise band i cant help you, sorry

Very, very, very few people driving in the show ring with a breeching even in western. Its defintelly optional and shouldn't look down upon on but you know these judges. Sorry can't help you with the noseband, I believe cavasons are optional now.

Breeching is allowed and not required in Western, I know I won't be using it this year except maybe in obstacle driving. If I'm going to lay out the money for a fine show harness I'm going to do it all the way!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png
As soon as we're out of the ring it goes right back on though.

I don't think flash nosebands are allowed but can't quote you the rule. My first urge is to say that's kind of silly given that running martingales, checks, and other appliances ARE, but then again I don't want to see a horse wearing a flash WITH those other appliances! Ouch!
default_new_shocked.gif
So maybe it's for the best.

I think a lot of ADS people are entering this class regardless of our horses' motion just because supposedly we won't be penalized for not checking our horses up. Yay, I guess?
default_unsure.png

Leia

I think a lot of ADS people are entering this class regardless of our horses' motion just because supposedly we won't be penalized for not checking our horses up. Yay, I guess?
this is exactly why I am entering this class this year. My horse has a lower headset for country, but I feel it is still within the relm of what you would consider a country pleasure frame. I constantly got penalized for it and the fact that I WON'T check him up, its not fair when he is going 99% of the time without one. I even had one exhibitor last year (at my one breed show) say "wow that check is just for looks isn't it." You're darn right it is! For Dakota and I a check is just a formality to get us in an AMHR class...

Courtney

P.S. Thanks for the info about the breeching. When I was breed showing we never used it in the ring, I was just hoping that it would be a bit more used in the western class, wishful thinking I guess.
default_rolleyes.gif

Back