AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I know everyone is wondering where the post about the AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes went.

We were asked to hold off on in until a couple of administrative things could be dealt with. But we have been given the "green light" so it is "ALL SYSTEMS GO !!" The only thing that has changed since the earlier post is that Stallion nominations will close March 1. Mare owners will be able to bid from March 15 to March 31.

In case you missed the previous post - This is a renewal of the AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes where owners of AMHR-registered stallions can nominate their stallion for $200.

Mare owners can bid on breeding to that stallion. The winning bidder can have one mare bred to that stallion. The Stallion owner can also breed one mare to that stallion. The resulting 2 foals will be able to compete in a special class that will be held at the AMHR Nationals.

All of the funds are jackpotted and there are payouts to 8th place. In addition to being able to send a foal to compete in the class, the owner of the sire of the 1st place foal gets a bonus payout.

In previous years, some of the payouts were really big!!

And one thing that makes this an auction for EVERYONE is that we will be having our bidding done on-line (years past - bidders had to be present at AMHR Nationals-at a time that was really inconvenient to lots of people), which excluded a lot of potential bidders from participating. We are working out the details to make this a "real time" auction via the LB Last Chance Auctions site. Mare owners will be able to proxy bid!!!!!!! THANK YOU to Lois for working with us on this!!!!!!!

Once we get the nominations from stallion owners - we will be posting all kinds of information about the stallion on Sweepstakes website - with a link to the page where they can bid on that stallion.

THANK YOU to Bruce Abbott, committee chair, for bringing this exciting program back!!

Check it out at http://www.amhrstallionsweepstakes.com and come join the FUN!!. Pass the word!! The more stallions and bidders that are involved - the BIGGER the payouts will be!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very exciting!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Woohoo !!! I cannot wait to start bidding, i have a mare in mind that needs someone to date this spring ...thank you for all your hard work !!

So, the foals are shown when they are weanlings?

Peggy

Okay, another question that popped into my mind this evening...

This is just going to be one class correct? They are not going to split it under & over for the weanlings? Becuase if that is so...im not even going to bother buying a breeding for my 31" mare....i'll just buy one for my 38 inch'er..if you catch my drift....

thank you!

I am very excited about this. Especially the Parent Qualifing of the resulting foal. I have been saying for years that I must get these old mares DNAed, before it is too late, maybe this will get me going.

Okay, another question that popped into my mind this evening...
This is just going to be one class correct? They are not going to split it under & over for the weanlings? Becuase if that is so...im not even going to bother buying a breeding for my 31" mare....i'll just buy one for my 38 inch'er..if you catch my drift....

thank you!
The rules say; "there may be a height division, IF there are enough entries."

This is so neat
default_smile.png
I already have a breeding set up this year
default_sad.png
I definatly want to do this in the future!
default_wub.png

Oh, Boy there are some more stallions up this morning. Wow!!

Jean and Bruce are working like crazy, to make sure this thing is a sucess. I am on the committe too, but don't have much to offer as far as computer smarts, or organizational skills.

But, man I can sew like the wind. (Have you ever seen the movie Three Amigos?) Sew -Sew like the wind old woman. Well, that is what I am going to do. If I can get the old pick-up started, I'm heading to town to find material to sew the fanciest National Table and Chair Decorations you have ever seen. They tell me that it has to be our National Colors. Red and Gold.

Oh, this is exciting. Renee

I see a lot of stallions up many different choices for mare owners. I am a bit suprised at some of the mare care costs some are a bit pricey
default_unsure.png

I really hope to see more "A" stallions. So far the majority are the bigger guys.

I'm also waiting to hear if they will accept the DNA results from U. of Calif. that is used by AMHA.

I'm not sure I understand this so please explain. So if there's 10 stallions and there's 8 of them that get bid on of different increments lets say one is for 200.00, another for 800.00 and one "I" bet for 400.00 and that's all and the bid is over with and there's others that also get different amounts "YOU" win that breeding of the one that you bet for $400 for?????? TJ

I really hope to see more "A" stallions. So far the majority are the bigger guys.I'm also waiting to hear if they will accept the DNA results from U. of Calif. that is used by AMHA.
Sorry - but all horses in the sweepstakes (nominated stallions and the mares they are bred to) will need to be DNA tested thru the University of KY using the forms provided by the sweepstakes committee. The cost is approx. $27 each - and while this might be duplicative for a few - it makes it much more affordable for the majority.

I'm not sure I understand this so please explain. So if there's 10 stallions and there's 8 of them that get bid on of different increments lets say one is for 200.00, another for 800.00 and one "I" bet for 400.00 and that's all and the bid is over with and there's others that also get different amounts "YOU" win that breeding of the one that you bet for $400 for?????? TJ
Yes - this is like any other auction where the winning bidder gets that one product - in this case a breeding to the stallion they were bidding on. You can bid on one or more stallions. If you are the highest bidder when the auction closes you must pay that amount to the sweepstakes fund and then send your mare to be bred to that stallion. So if you bid $400 and are the highest bidder on that stallion, and that stallion only - that's what you pay to breed your mare. There might be some that go for $200 - and in years past some were close to $2,000.....it just depends on how much people really want to use that stallion....and how much they want a shot at that BIG pot of $$.

Thanks for explaining I understand it now. Well my mare turns 3 this year in July so I have some serious thinking to do about it. I KNOW she'd make a wonderful mother I have know doubt about that, it's IF I want to take her out of the ciruit or not. Have to think long and hard about that. Thanks again, TJ

I have a question regarding some of the stallions listed. Some of the entries only list boarding for dry mares. Does that mean they will only accept maiden or open mares for breeding? If my mare has a foal at side I should not bid on that stallion?

I have a question regarding some of the stallions listed. Some of the entries only list boarding for dry mares. Does that mean they will only accept maiden or open mares for breeding? If my mare has a foal at side I should not bid on that stallion?
That is correct.

Latest posts

Back