AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Auction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
logo2.jpg

Nominations are now open for stallions for the 2011 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Auction! Check out this exciting program at http://www.amhrstallionsweepstakes.com/ - where you will find all of the rules, necessary forms, and results of previous auctions, including pictures of the previous stallions and the outstanding foals presented at the 2010 Nationals.

The first classes of foals were shown at the 2010 AMHR Nationals -- and the two different First Place foals each won $2,877 for their owners, and the owners of those 1st place stallions each took home an additional $1,151!!!!!

Want a piece of the pie?? Then you gotta nominate your stallions!

The cost to nominate your stallion is $200 - and this allows you to enter one foal in the Sweepstakes class which will be held at the 2012 AMHR Nationals. Stallion owners ARE allowed to bid on their own stallions - thus allowing them two entries if they are the winning bidder.

Stallions must be nominated by March 1 (but because I do the website and auction site prep, and I'm getting married at the end of February...what was I thinking??) I would REALLY appreciate if they were sent in earlier. Bidding will be held from March 13-19, 2011 on The Little Horse Barn auction site.

As we gain experience with the renewed Sweepstakes, we are fine-tuning it, and making a few minor changes.

•  
  • In addition to being in the Sweepstakes, stallions must also be nominated for the AMHR Futurity. Designated mares must also be nominated for the AMHR Futurity.

Any questions - do not hesitate to contact any of the committee members - contact info is on the official AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Auction at http://www.amhrstallionsweepstakes.com/

Thanks, and hopefully I'll see YOU and your foal at center ring!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for doing all this. I can't wait for this years futurity!

Does the mare's DNA test really have to be on file by Dec. 31, 2010? And the foals are to be shown in 2012, right? I think you need to check some of your dates in the rules on the site.

Does the mare's DNA test really have to be on file by Dec. 31, 2010? And the foals are to be shown in 2012, right? I think you need to check some of your dates in the rules on the site.
Oops - fixed it...they need to be on file by Dec. 31, 2011. If you see anything else that slipped by me - let me know. We have also separated the bidding rules from the mare rules to help make things a little clearer. THANKS

Looking forward in seeing what all stallions are being offered for this years auction. We are hoping to be involved in winning a breeding for one of our mares.
default_aktion033.gif

Oops - fixed it...they need to be on file by Dec. 31, 2011. If you see anything else that slipped by me - let me know. We have also separated the bidding rules from the mare rules to help make things a little clearer. THANKS
Thanks Jean! I was disappointed to think I had missed the cutoff date for it and was hoping it WAS an error!

The date in the rules and regulations might need changing. says: "The class will be scheduled and shown at the 2011 AMHR Nationals."

Fixed that one. Thanks

Just a reminder....need those nominations by March 1 (hopefully earlier...hint hint). So far we have an outstanding group of stallions nominated, but there is always room for everyone's favorite(s)!! Love the babies your stallion is producing?? Here's a good way to get a pretty good payback!

I know you're really busy.......but any idea when the stallions will be posted?

I "second" that question!
default_biggrin.png
I can hardly wait to see. I'll try to be patient.
default_wacko.png

Nominations don't close until March 1 - and bidding does not start until the 13th......patience.....patience.....
default_smile.png
Hopefully - God willing and the creek don't rise - I'll be able to get them posted by March 2 or 3. Now....of course that is dependent on stallion owners getting all of their information to me in a TIMELY manner (hint, hint)
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back