AMHR says she is black.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably too late, but looks like a Phoenix to me.

I'd go with bay.

I would say bay too. I had the same issue with a colt I registered last year. I put him down as grullo...they registered him as black...now he did look almost like a black in the photos I sent. I emailed them and then emailed photos that showed his dorsal and color better and they agreed that he did look grullo. They just had me send my papers back and they fixed it.

You can test her for agouti.........

You can test for Agouti, if she carries Agouti, heterozygous or homozygous the foal is a bay.

A black foal does not carry Agouti at all.

I say bay as well.

Unless she is for sale, I wouldn't worry much about it...just change it when she is brought permanent. I have a definately chestnut/sorrel horse that was "chosen" to be a bay at the registry, although the pictures were clear and definately showed him a red. What they told me at the office is that he can simply be changed with new photos,
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wacko.png
at no charge.

Thanks for the input. I am going to go ahead and test her soon for agouti. Looking at her she looks very dark so maybe they are right. I looked at a lot of black and smokey black foals on google and she could be black.

Thanks all.

I would have marked her as BAY too......

She looks bay or brown to me and the inside of her ears is brown.

Yep, those are the Wings of an Angel on her face! Very cute!!

I haad a Bay pinto, they marked as black, sent her pictures back in, they marked her as brown. Finally we had her color tested for Augoti, she has black points, with dark brown body, she is a bay.

This little girl is registered as bay

Ellie5.jpg

Here she is today as black as she can be. Her father is buckskin and her mother is a silver dapple.

ellie21008.jpg

She is bay

I have a bunch of very dark bay fillies-sometimes they almost look black. BUT, they are definitely bay as they always keep just a bit of the brownish tint and their sire was tested homozygous for agouti. I don't know how many times I've had to fight with AMHA over it. I also have a few spot stallion with 7 generations of documented leopard appaloosas top and bottom of his pedigree-not one pinto until you go pretty far back, and AMHR insisted he was a pinto. Then when I told him he couldn't possibly be and also sent more pictures, they told me to send my papers to them and they'd change it. Got them back, he's now a pintaloosa. wonderful....I just want one year where I don't have to fight with the registries about color

Latest posts

Back