AMHR sanctioned show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
I have watched the Nationals and it doesn't seem like the ladies showing in halter classes are wearing hats.

The men seem to be wearing cowboy hats in a lot of cases.

What are the judges looking for with regard to this?

Mostly the judges are looking at the horse and not what the handler is wearing. Anything neat and tidy is acceptable as long as its not distracting. Something "nice".

Thank you for your response
default_yes.gif

Is it just me or is the Lil Beginnings forum being very "under used"??

There never seems to be much happening anymore.

The year I went to the nationals I noticed in halter classes women dressed in nice dress type pants(khakis or black) and a nice dress type shirt. Very clean looking.

I agree.
default_no.gif
Not much goin on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The show season has started so I think a lot of people are busy!

As for the topic, hats are not rquired for ladies in halter class, just dressing nicely is required. some men wear hats and also use them to help horses show. Hats are required in showmanship and I think some driving classes. As to why the forum is slow this time of year, I think it is because of several reasons: one, foaling season, two, showing season, three, haven't got a clue! Have to agree it is really slow, maybe if we could have an adult section for discussions that are banned?

Latest posts

Back