AMHR Rule book

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpsellwood

Reaction score
Today I called the AMHR for a new rule book. I havent had one in years its so outdated so I thought I should ask for a new one. I was told that it was nine dollars for old members but free to new members. I dont see how thats fair at all seeings how I have paid dues for years and a new person gets one free.

Last edited by a moderator:
l couldn't believe that they charged for the rule book...it's been 3 months since they took my 9 bucks and still no rule book.

raise our membership fees and providing no updated rule book is crazy, especially when the internet copy is out dated too. $9 is a crazy fee, we need to take a stand/ raise a voice. Or at least provide books at a show, so all of us show people have an updated one to show with. I carry mine in my grooming bag everywhere at the show........AMHA what do they charge? ..............hummmmmm- nothing? whats wrong with this picture?

So me being a paying member for years, has to print out hundreds of pages or pay, when a new member gets one for free??? Still dont think thats right sorry.

But you can download it for free... Honestly, I myself am quite likely to loose a small rule book but less likely to loose my laptop
default_biggrin.png
And, the fees from the registries for things are such a drop in the bucket in this extreme luxury of owning horses.

Well not being smart but some of us dont have lap tops to carry around a rule book and I know my PC is a bit to big to carry around.

Also the last one was outdated for the past 2 yrs.

I am on the new technology committee with some other people and our first priority is to get the online rule book updated asap. I know I was told the new rule book is being printed right now. They had to wait until after the BOD meeting to send it to the printers

(cringing)

Do you have a printer?

(just smile)

I am on the new technology committee with some other people and our first priority is to get the online rule book updated asap. I know I was told the new rule book is being printed right now. They had to wait until after the BOD meeting to send it to the printers
The one online NOW is the 2008
default_yes.gif

Why do new members get it free and old members have to pay thats my question not who has a lap top or printers ect.

No laptop to carry around here, and I fail to see why I should have to print out hundreds of pages & then carry around a big fat 8 1/2" x 11" rulebook...and as a matter of fact my printer isn't working right so I won't be printing the book out...I suppose I'll have to fork outt he $9 for the thing, so yeah, I agree, why do old members have to pay & new ones get the book for free?

Rule books should come free to members every time there is an update. If member wants more than 1 rule book, then the $9 fee should apply.

Thats prejudice that they charge for one and not the other! Furthermore, its stupid because its the old-timers (no age crack intended, only political) of the organization who are going to care about new rules more.

Hey you guys need to chill out! There is always a Rulebook online for reference.

That said, I have gotten a free Rulebook every time it is updated. I just got the new one last week. I am NOT a new member.

I was kind of surprised it is loose-leaf with three-ring holes; cheaper than to bind it for sure I guess. Does anyone know where I can get a tiny binder to put it in???

Andrea

Not to dispute this but are we sure that NEW members get it FREE?? Because I know when I joined AMHR ( I believe it was just in 2007 but could have been 2006) that I had to pay for the rule book even though I was a new member... I paid the rule book fee plus the shipping fee on it and the one they sent me was a year or so old but then at no cost they DID send me the updated information a couple months later.

Hey you guys need to chill out! There is always a Rulebook online for reference.

That said, I have gotten a free Rulebook every time it is updated. I just got the new one last week. I am NOT a new member.

I was kind of surprised it is loose-leaf with three-ring holes; cheaper than to bind it for sure I guess. Does anyone know where I can get a tiny binder to put it in???

Andrea
Andrea, I got mine two weeks ago and was surprised that it is a 3-ring binder type too. I have not tried to get a binder for it yet, but try Officemax or Staples, but take a page in with you to make sure the holes match the binder.

I don't know I ordered 2, but only got one, and yes I paid for 2, I noticed on my last invoice I have a $9 credit, so???

Anyways, I don't know why members have to pay and newbies don't, except I can see the logic - If you become a new member you need a rulebook to understand how everything works. If you are a member you should acquire a new rulebook when they come out.

I use the online rulebook when I am away from home and answer online questions regarding rules, so it is handy to have it online. But I like the smaller real copy to go with me.

Have a great Pony Day!

I picked up a free copy at convention last year.

That being said, I do agree with membership fees at $65 we should be able to get a new rulebook free when we need one.

Not to dispute this but are we sure that NEW members get it FREE?? Because I know when I joined AMHR ( I believe it was just in 2007 but could have been 2006) that I had to pay for the rule book even though I was a new member... I paid the rule book fee plus the shipping fee on it and the one they sent me was a year or so old but then at no cost they DID send me the updated information a couple months later.
I joined in 2005/early 2006 and paid for my copy of the rulebook too. So if new members are getting it free, it must be a new thing!

I joined in late 2006 and was given the option of buying the rulebook or going online. So maybe new members receiving a free copy went into effect in 2007??????
default_unsure.png
With dial-up, I don't look at the rulebook unless I have to
default_no.gif
I know that big horse associations I belong to send me a free copy yearly or upon request (limited to one/year). If the rulebooks are free at convention...pick me one up next time and I'll pay you the postage to mail it!!! haha
default_yes.gif

Thats odd some of you are getting a new rule book l went and called the office and was told mine would get to me in a few weeks to just hang on a while longer...l also got my Journal yesterday and gee whiz it came with no plastic cover or envelope just a addy sticker across the horses nose l really hate getting mags like that you just don't know whos been turning pages and picking there nose reading your stuff before you get it..

Latest posts

Back