AMHR Registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eohippus

Reaction score
2011 seems to be a rough year for a lot of people. I know I haven't had it as bad as some but I've been hit with some unfortunate and unpleasant events. But today I recieved some good amazing news! I keep in touch with Kinson's breeder, I always email her updates on what I'm doing with him, how he's doing (both in general and in the show ring), my plans for him, etc. The last email I sent I mentioned that I was wanting to hardship him into AMHR and planned on doing that over the summer. I recieved a phone call today and I don't have to hardship him!!! It turns out his parents are AMHR registered and she DID do/file a stallion report
default_new_shocked.gif
She just never finished submitting some paperwork, but she's sending it all out to me to finish it/submit the rest! I'm so relieved I don't have to hardship him and pay the associated high fees! All this time I never thought he was an AMHR horse. This is awesome news for me (and my checkbook! lol). I'm so excited to show him more plus I like when my horses are double registered as I like certain aspects of both registries and do enjoy showing in both.

I'm not sure what exactly I'll need to do in order to get him registered as I've only ever done a transfer of ownership, never started teh registering process, but when I do recieve everything in the mail I'm sure every one on here will know what to do and be able to help!
default_biggrin.png
I even get to pick his AMHR registered name, which, will be the same as his AMHA because I think for record keeping thats easier but its neat to even have the option to put my farm name in front of it. I did check out AMHR's website and I'm assuming I just submit the registration application plus a copy of the service certificate?

That's wonderful news! Way cheaper for you to register him the regular way, plus less hassle because you won't have to get him hardship measured by a steward.

Yes, all you need to do is send in the application and the breeder's certificate (not sure you actually need that if the mare owner also owned the stallion at time of breeding? She would just sign the appropriate line on the application. And, I think you will also need the transfer, because the registration application will have the breeder as the initial owner (and she must have a current membership) and then you'll need the transfer to put him into your name. That's how it worked for one person I know anyway, not sure if the registry follows that protocol every time.

Yaayyy! that's so much better than having to hardship. Plus you will have his full pedigree on his papers.

Since the previous owner did the stallion report, as Minimor stated you will need the registration form and a signed transfer form and photos.

Back