AMHR Registration pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxane Martin

Reaction score
I need to send in registration pictures for Prince (3 yr. old gelding) to go from temporary to permanent.

I have taken pictures from the side that show all 4 legs separate, both sides. However, since I was the picture taker (digital camera) and the lady holding the horse was not experienced, she is in the picture (but crouched down behind the horse). Do I have to have the picture with no people in it? He really doesn't stay standing good to get multiple side shots. You can certainly see what he looks like, his markings and color.

The head shots are also with her cradling his head and holding back his forelock--both with and without halter. Would that be OK? Does the head shot have to be straight on, or can it be slightly to one side (he has no markings on the face anyway).

Thanks--don't want to send in photos that would be rejected.

Unless something changed, I don't think you need AMHR registration pictures. Correct me if I am wrong, but I just did an AMHA temporary to permanent status, and it required those pictures for AMHA. But you don't need to do that until he is 5 for AMHA.

AMHR does not require pictures. When you change reg. to permanent at 3 years olf age they do require the height.

AMHA does require four pictures. 1 from the left, 1 from right,showing full body and feet. 2 of the head with the forelock pulled back. And if the pictures aren't as specified----they will send them back. Had that happen to me before when one lower leg was not in the picture!

OK, so I don't need pictures. But how else will I get them to change his color from "chestnut" with "flaxen mane and tail", which is what he had as a baby, to the silver bay that he is now?

The only form I found to fill out was a registration correction, and that had to be filled out by a show steward at a show. His color changed as he aged--which is common.

So how can I correct that now during the transfer to permanent? I will also be changing from stallion to gelding, but I have the form filled out for that.

Maybe that's why I thought I needed the pictures for AMHR--to prove his color now.

Thanks for all your help!

Those photos sound like they will work just fine! And yes, if you want to register a horse with AMHR as anything other than the "standard" colors, you DO need pictures. I've changed one to silver buckskin from palomino, and registered two silver bays. Just send in the pictures with a note explaining that he was registered the wrong color, and there shouldn't be any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back