AMHR Registraion Photo??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hello!

I was just on AMHR web site and was reading the picture instructions I found the following and wanted to verify what i was reading.

"Once the animal has received the new photo certificate, new photos are NOT required for future registry

work unless there are color/marking changes, or the owner desires a photo update. When a change or

update is requested, there will be a $20.00 certificate change fee."

So dose this mean that I don't have to send new pics in for the horses that already have pics on there papers for transfers or dose it mean I need to send them but they won't be put on the papers??

Thanks

RNR

From what I understand, new pictures are not required again if they are already on their papers.

However, I think that temp to perm would need new pictures.

Thanks!

That is how I took it to Just wanted to verify!

RNR

Good to know. Something they sent out I understood to say photos WOULD be required with any kind of changes. Thanks for clarifying.
default_smile.png

Jan

Someone refresh my memory too - can you send in a temp to perm before the actual 3rd birthday? I have one that needs to transfer as well as go perm, but her birthday isn't until July. I am going to send it in today......

Becky, I don't think so. I may have just assumed they had the same rule as AMHA as far as waiting till the horses actual birthday, but I believe that is the case.

Jan

From what I understand, new pictures are not required again if they are already on their papers.

However, I think that temp to perm would need new pictures.

No if they have pics on their papers, I don't believe have to do it for temp to perm. I have not opened up my new 08 rule book though.

I'm assuming AMHR wouldn't want to put foal pictures on adult horses' papers? That's why I thought they may require new 'adult' pictures for permanent papers. But I could be wrong!
default_smile.png

It's been my understanding that if you want to update the pix when the horse is brought permanent then you can request it & there will be no charge for changing the photos. If, however, you want to just leave the foal photos on the permanent papers then that's okay too. (To me that's just goofy--foal pix on permanent papers!) That's what was stated on here one time by a board member, but maybe they've changed that and a photo update is required?

It's also my understanding that if you send in photo registration papers with a gelding certificate and new photos & ask that they change the photos, you will be charged the $20 to change the pictures? The only freebie is at the time the horse comes permanent? Is that right or wrong?

Latest posts

Back