AMHR questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostedpineminis

Reaction score
Hi, my friend just purchased some AMHR horses and I am pretty new to this registry so just wondering if you happen to know a few answers to the questions she has been asking me.

1) do AMHR horses have to be DNA tested prior to foaling or siring foals?

2) If not then she asked about if a mare is exposed to more than one stallion within a (30 days?) period the rulebook says that it need to be parent qualified, so do you have to just do all 3 (sire, dam and foal) at that time?

I have been dealing with AMHA for as long as I have owned minis so am having trouble answering her AMHR questions as I am just starting to deal with that registry.

Thanks in advance guys

AMHR horses are not required to be DNA tested.

As far as determining the sire to register the foal, I would do all 3 at one time, once the foal is born -- and the parent qualifying will guarantee it is the right sire.

JMHO ~~Diane at Castle Rock

Last edited:
Thanks a million Diane, we were confused reading the rulebook
default_smile.png

1) no

2) yes, if the mare was exposed to more than one stallion during a 30 day time period then the foal must parentage qualify to the sire and dam (which means DNA on all 3 - sire, dam, foal) before it can be registered.

Latest posts

Back