AMHR points

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskid

Reaction score
A few of my guys and I went to our first sanctionned AMHR show yesterday
default_aktion033.gif
and I now have some questions about points. How are the points calculated and how many points are needed before they "mean something" ? I tried looking in the rule book but was just made even more confused
default_wacko.png
I figured that there should be someone on here that could help unconfuse me!!

Halter classes and I don't know what kind of points-I just know that it was an AMHR sanctionned show and we were going for points rather than money!
default_wacko.png
That's what I'm wondering-how many points will we have earned and how many do we need before we have acheived something (like when we were kids 5 gold stars=certificate, for example). This whole point thing has me totally mixed up!! :stupid

Basically there are two different sets of points you can accumulate in AMHR.

"ALL-STAR" points are based on your placing. You can look in your Rulebook for the amount of points per placing. These are good only for one year. They are annual, and the horse with the most points in that class for the year wins the title of "All-Star Champion or Top Ten." The AMHR office will send you a letter at the end of the show year to let you know if you were All-Star for the year.

"HALL OF FAME" points are based not only on your placing, but on how many horses were in the class. These are lifetime points. You need to accumulate 70 Hall of Fame points as WELL as 5 Grand Champion wins (and you must have competition in the Grand Champion classes). Once you get all these points and grands, you will be notified by AMHR and get your plaque. It is a pretty prestigious award and your horse will get a "(HOF)" added to the end of his registered name.

Hope this helps any.

Andrea

You can also read more about the points in the 2008 AMHR Rule Book (link). The All Star program is addressed starting on page 322, and the Hall of Fame program is discussed starting on page 327
default_yes.gif

Sorry to steal the thread, but I have another question about point tabulations. If I show my horse in open jumper, amatuer jumper and then have a couple youth show him, would all those points count towards his HOF in jumper??? I was curious becuase someone told me they only take the highest placing in one of those classes to count towards HOF. So it doesn't help to show your horse in the all those different classes of jumping.

Keri --

I think this from page 328 of the Rule Book addresses your question. It sounds to me like the one class at the show where you would earn the most points is what counts for that show as far as HOF goes. So, it does pay to go in all the hunter classes, since you don't know beforehand in which one you will earn the most points through competing.

Jill

In the performance division, only one preliminary
class, in addition to a stake, will be counted (the
placing resulting in the highest number of points.) For
example: if a pony or horse places first in Ladies
Pleasure Driving with six entries, it would earn two
points. The same animal placing second in Open
Pleasure driving class of 16 entries would earn five
points. Thus, the points earned in the Open class
would be counted.

Sorry to steal the thread, but I have another question about point tabulations. If I show my horse in open jumper, amatuer jumper and then have a couple youth show him, would all those points count towards his HOF in jumper??? I was curious becuase someone told me they only take the highest placing in one of those classes to count towards HOF. So it doesn't help to show your horse in the all those different classes of jumping.
As far as AMHR works -

If a there's not a Championship class as in Country Pleasure Driving Stakes, etc, all the points count. So in halter obstacle, hunter, jumper, driving obstacle and versatility all the points count towards the HOF. Youth, amateur, open, golden age, etc.

In halter and driving classes there are Championship classes so only the class you took the highest points in along with the championship points count.

To check your points, you go to show results on the AMHR website and put your horses' reg number in and it will show your life time record for that horse.

http://results.shetlandminiature.com/webre...n.asp?type=AMHR

Clear as mud ?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few of my guys and I went to our first sanctionned AMHR show yesterday
default_aktion033.gif
and I now have some questions about points. How are the points calculated and how many points are needed before they "mean something" ? I tried looking in the rule book but was just made even more confused
default_wacko.png
I figured that there should be someone on here that could help unconfuse me!!

Can't tell if the original question was answered:

Hall of fame point accumulate over a horse's show career. When you get 70 HOF points in a performance class ( other than driving ) you receive a nice plaque with all the info on it.

Halter & driving classes require 70 HOF points and at least 5 championship wins.

All star points accumulate from Dec 1 to Nov 31th. Horse with the highest all star point in get catagory is named National All Star Champion in that catagory.

If you look at show results http://results.shetlandminiature.com/webre...n.asp?type=AMHR it may make more sense. You can pull up the current all star standings for the year.

Latest posts

Back