AMHR Pacific Northwest Shows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

End Level Farms

Reaction score
Im looking for the show schedules for AMHR

For Washington Oregon BC Alberta Idaho

Not sure I would want to travel further at this time due to wanting to head to Nationals this year.

All forms if possible can be emailed to [email protected]

Not sure if these are too far for you. But we sure have a good time!

Tammi

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Snake River Miniature Horse Club 7th Annual Blackfoot Show 

Blackfoot, Idaho

AMHR and ASPC

July 17th and 18th (Friday and Saturday show)

3 Judge Show

Tim Parkinson (Tim is going to be a 2009 AMHR National Judge)

other two judges have not been confirmed

This show is held at the Idaho State Fairgrounds. Stalls and Big Arena are all under one roof. Bathrooms, showers and shady camping spots are available. We hope you can mark your calendars and come join us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are Utahs show dates. These are great shows too!

May 22 and 23 - Golden Spike Arena

August 6 & 7 Weber Co Fair

August 14 & 15 Logan, Utah

Judges - TBA

Not sure about the NW clubs schedule this year but you can probably find out by doing a search and finding Northwest miniature horse club, Western canada (might be canadian?) miniature horse Club and then of course the BC miniature horse club and don't forget to plan to come to PG
default_saludando.gif
for our (Interior Miniature Horse Club) show at the end of May to kick off the season. We have AMHR classes but at our last meeting some were talking about dropping the R portion of the show since there are fewer R entries and we are a small club working to keep costs down as much as possible.

Im only looking to Attend AMHR Shows so if the R section gets canceled I wont be making the Journey up to PG. However the stallion I might be showing this year is AMHA registered as well so if we went up we would show in both.

I was looking at heading to PG for the AMHR show anyway.

Edited to say: Where in PG is the show held?

This year the R show is safe, next year it may not be continued if we don't get enough interest . I have a couple of A/R stallions but have not ever shown them R and am not sure what I'll decide to do this year altho one looks to be going to go over and will only be eligible for R if he does. The show is held at the PG Agriplex. From all reports it is an agreeable venue for those who bring horses in. I have yet to stall a horse but may do so this year rather than hauling in each day. I haven't heard who our judges will be this year yet but we do have 2 in all the A classes for sure. Do you know PG well? Know where the Agriplex is?

Here is a complete list of AMHA, AMHR and CDE events in the Washington/Oregon area for 2009 as compiled on another thread a few weeks ago. Hopefully there have been some updates since then on a couple of the new shows no one knew much about.
default_unsure.png

January 31: Happ's Arena Driving Trial in Ethel, WA

February 28: Happ's ADT

March 21: Happ's ADT

March 27-29: NWMHC Schooling Show at Mt. Hood Equestrian Center in Boring, OR

April 17-19: NWMHC Sea-Tac Classic at the Grays Harbor County Fairgrounds in Elma, WA

Apr 24-26: Oregon Gold replacement show at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, OR

April 25: Happ's TREC to Escape Cabin Fever (a new and fun-sounding type of driving competition)

April 25-26: CAA Driver Proficiency Evaluations at Happ's

May 8-10: New AMHR Show in Albany, OR

May 8-10: May Mini Classic AMHR show in Colfax, WA

May 9-10: Happ's Combined Driving Schooling Weekend I

May 16-17: Happ's Combined Driving Schooling Weekend II

May 22-24: NWMHC Emerald Valley Classic at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, OR

May 29-31: Pacific Crown Area 8 AMHR show at the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

June 6-7: Teddy Bear's CDE in Mead, WA

June 12-14: Cavalcade of Ponies AMHR show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, WA

June 19-21: NWMHC Can-Am Classic NOW AT the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

June 18-21: Happ's CDE

June 26-28: Potential AMHR show in Moses Lake (OR? WA?)

July 3-5: Inavale CDE in Philomath, OR

July 4-5: Potential AMHR show in McMinnville, OR. Possibly the Albany show’s new date/location too/instead?

July 10-12: Evergreen AMHR show at the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

??July 18-19: Beavercreek CDE in Beavercreek, OR??

August 14-16: NWMHC McKenzie River Classic at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, OR

September 19-20: Happ's VSE Driving Trials Twice

Hope this helps!

Leia

To update Leia's list as to the May 8-10 Albany, Oregon, show and the July 3-5 McMinnville, Oregon, shows:

The first annual Oregon Invitational Show Series for Shetland Ponies and Miniature Horses to benefit Michael's Place will be held:

Spring Show

May 8-10, 2009

Linn County Fairgrounds

Albany, Oregon

Summer Show

July 3-5, 2009

Yamhill County Fairgrounds

McMinnville, OR

Further info will be posted at http://www.HowardStables.com

Don't forget that in addition to their schooling show, NWMHC also presents an outstanding schooling clinic in early March in Longview, Washington. No info yet, but they'll soon have it up at http://www.NWMHC.com

I have yet to find a new website for the Oregon Gold Show (I understand they are keeping that name), although I keep looking...

For future reference, the best schedule I've found (in the absence of Leia) for northwest show information (AMHR, AMHA, CDE)is the Evergreen Miniature Horse Club website http://www.evergreenminiaturehorseclub.com/index.htm however, they have yet to post 2009

Susanne, where do you think "Leia" usually gets HER list?! *LOL* It was driving me crazy that they didn't have one up yet. I don't show Pinto but the Evergreen site includes those shows too.

Leia

Thank you very much.

Pinto doesn't really matter at the moment. As I have to register everyone with pinto first LOL.

The Oregon Gold Show will retain the name and the dates are correct. It will be held at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene and will be run by the Oregon Horse Center. Judges will be Karen Iversen (2009 Shetland Congress Judge), Portia Kalinka (2009 AMHR National Show Judge) and Austin VanWyck (one of the most successful miniature horse trainers/judges in the United States). Show manager will be Barbara Hento. Further information can be found on the Oregon Horse Center web site or you can call the horse center at 541-689-9700.

God bless Diane and Steve Zmolek for beginning this show a few years ago and putting their blood, sweat and tears into making it one of the premier shows in the USA.

Mark Bullington

Mark, I very nearly wrote "hopefully Mark will read this and fill in the blanks..." Thanks for the info...reading show premiums (or any information) are sort of like reading seed and plant catalogs in the depth of winter...

I really wish I could have shown while Diane was running things...at least I've gotten the chance to correspond with her via email and express my appreciation!

ETA:

Darn! They don't appear to have their events page up yet...no sweet winter dreams for me (yet).

Thanks for the posting all of the dates. I myself was wondering what shows where going on as to start planning out what to go to.

Does anyone want to carpool from th Snohomish, WA area to the Oregon Gold show?? I would liove to show under those judges, but don't feel like driving my one mini shetland mare by herself down there.

Amanda

Amanda, give me a call closer to the event! That is such a long drive, I'm just dreading it, and I've only got the one horse too. Maybe we could split a tack stall and a ride and save some $$.

Leia

Don't forgot all you who are in the US, your dollar is still stronger than the Canadian dollar and it would be pretty cost effective to come up to our Canadian shows.
default_wink.png
We're very friendly here and would LOVE to have you visit.
default_saludando.gif

Amanda and Leia, you might want to contact Patty Cloke to see if she has openings for transport down to the show. I found it so much nicer when going that far south to put my horses on Patty's big rig, they travel so well on it. It might be cost-effective for you as well. I don't know how much she might charge or if she might have openings, but it might be worth checking in to. Then you can just drive your regular vehicle down, saves a lot of gas money and stress.

Reignmaker Miniatures said:
Don't forgot all you who are in the US, your dollar is still stronger than the Canadian dollar and it would be pretty cost effective to come up to our Canadian shows.
default_wink.png
We're very friendly here and would LOVE to have you visit.
default_saludando.gif
Much though I love Canada, the thought of all the international health paperwork necessary to transport a horse across the border is enough to give me the willies!
default_new_shocked.gif
Washington and Oregon have a reciprocal agreement so we don't even need Coggins to travel between them, nevermind health certificates and brand inspections and all the rest of it. Plus as of 2009 I believe I'd need a passport to cross the border too!
default_unsure.png
Nope, sorry, "cost-effective" it is not. I think I'll be staying Stateside.
default_laugh.png

ClickMini said:
Amanda and Leia, you might want to contact Patty Cloke to see if she has openings for transport down to the show. I found it so much nicer when going that far south to put my horses on Patty's big rig, they travel so well on it. It might be cost-effective for you as well. I don't know how much she might charge or if she might have openings, but it might be worth checking in to. Then you can just drive your regular vehicle down, saves a lot of gas money and stress.
I've certainly thought about it but I'm not sure I'd want the additional stress of having to pick Kody up in Monroe after that long drive home from Eugene. Ugh! If I've got to have the truck and trailer hitched up anyway, I might as well drive him myself and know I have all my stuff with me in the trailer. If I ever try to go to Nationals though, you can bet I'll be contacting Patty.

Leia

End Level...you mention Alberta...we're a little further away from you than Alberta, but not THAT much further...you're most welcome to come & show at the Manitoba International on June 6th. It's held at Brandon's Keystone complex--an absolutely lovely horse show facility.

We've got 4 judges (a couple haven't been confirmed yet so I will hold off on listing who the judges are) and it is an AMHR sanctioned show. Stabling and entry fees are very reasonable, we show indoors, have good stabling, warm water wash racks, on site hotel...and it's a very well run show and we have a pretty decent turnout. We are also adding Shetland classes for 2009 and are expecting a few US exhibitors. Should be a great show this year!!

I will also mention that the Wild Rose AMHR show is on in Olds AB that same weekend (Friday June 5th)...they moved their show up a week this year so it's the same weekend as the Manitoba show--a really STUPID move IMO--so they have lost the Manitoba horses that would have shown there otherwise. (and there would have been several Manitoba exhibitors this year had they not changed dates). Last year the Wild Rose show had only 2 judges and their fees were exorbitant--stall fees and entry fees were both higher than those at Nationals. Not sure if this year is going to be the same or not. Regardless, the Manitoba International is much the better of the two!
default_wink.png
We would love to see you here!

Crossing the border with horses is really not that problematic. Most of the big costs are incurred if you plan to actually leave the horse on the other side. Yes a passport is required now (thanks to 911)and a Coggins is needed but I think thats about it. The 'international health paperwork' you speak of is not as intimidating as you might believe. Basically other than the passport required by the people it is not much different than traveling to another state (Obviously Wa/Ore are easier than some) Many Canadians travel to the US for shows every year and some go more than once during the season.

Latest posts

Back