AMHR new rule

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auledasacres

Reaction score
I am not trying to start a problem but we would truly like to know the answer to this as it would affect us. I have a 2 year old stallion I have bred to to mares. If this is true that would make the foals non registerable. He did not start breeding until his official 2 year old birthday.

I agree the sale board wasn't the place but isn't that what this forum is about. To clarify things that pop up.

If you don't want to post on the forum please feel free to email me privately. I do know the AMHR rule book came out right before our local AMHR show. I also however have recieved nothing from AMHR explaining this new rule which I would think members would get.

Thanks

Traci

Of course you are not wanting anything but information and no one should think otherwise...we all want to learn if there is something new to learn. We too have used a 2year old stallion on one mare this year and I see no problem of getting the next years foal registered. But what we have to make sure of before we register our foals, is that we first get our stallions registered permanent which we will have to do on their third birthday. This was explained by Bob Brown who is a board member. Mary

auledasacres said:
I am not trying to start a problem but we would truly like to know the answer to this as it would affect us.  I have a 2  year old stallion I have bred to to mares.  If this is true that would make the foals non registerable.  He did not start breeding until his official 2  year old birthday.
I agree the sale board wasn't the place but isn't that what this forum is about.  To clarify things that pop up. 

If you don't want to post on the forum please feel free to email me privately.  I do know the AMHR rule book came out right before our local AMHR show.  I also however have recieved nothing from AMHR explaining this new rule which I would think members would get.

Thanks

Traci

466586[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy. I think I understand. Before we can register the off spring from this stallion we have to send his papers in for permenent statis. So my stallion will be 3 in April and his foal should be born in April so I would need to send the stallion in first.

Well that makes sense if I understand it correctly.

LOL

Traci

If I'm not mistaken....you can send the stallions "temp to permanent" request & the foal's registration all in at once.

auledasacres said:
I am not trying to start a problem but we would truly like to know the answer to this as it would affect us.  I have a 2  year old stallion I have bred to to mares.  If this is true that would make the foals non registerable.  He did not start breeding until his official 2  year old birthday.
I agree the sale board wasn't the place but isn't that what this forum is about.  To clarify things that pop up. 

If you don't want to post on the forum please feel free to email me privately.  I do know the AMHR rule book came out right before our local AMHR show.  I also however have recieved nothing from AMHR explaining this new rule which I would think members would get.

Thanks

Traci

466586[/snapback]

This is EXACTLY the place to discuss it. From all I have gathered, Buckskin gal and Donna have the correct answers. The potential problems would be if the stallion was sold and the new owners did not bring him permanent or if, God forbid, he were to die before he reached 3.

I thought that would be how it is. Well, thank goodness. I magine how many really good foals wouldn't have papers if it were the other way. It would have been a crime. This is the very first time I have ever bred a 2 year old stallion, and he bred2-3 mares.

Latest posts

Back