AMHR Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
Well we're still plotting and planning on what we need to do before the Nationals in Tulsa and I had a couple of questions for the experienced out there!

1. Is there a place that rents furniture for the show? Couches, fridge, etc?

We just spent a week in camp style chairs - nice for a few hours, but I'd rather not sit on those for the whole show!

2. Are there any 'must see' attractions in Tulsa? The group that I'm going with we're all off on Saturday (and a few afternoons!) and want to do something - visit some ranches, see something, etc. Any ideas?

3. Is anyone bringing sale horses to the show? We're suppose to be reducing our number but you never know!

I guess that is enough for now! Thanks for any input.

Within the area of the show is a huge water park and an amusement park. Thats all I know as this will be our first trip there too and I was looking at the website to find out where the RV park was in comparison to the barns and there were the water park and amusement park.

The water park was closed the past few years that we have been there, yes there is a place to rent from, but I am not sure of the name , you may want to contack Angie from BuckON Ranch, she had furniture there last year. There are allot of farms in Oklahoma, go to your search engine several will come up. There are several very large Western Wear stores that are worth visiting. That is really all that we had time for ,
wacko.gif

Hi Michelle,

I'm about an hour and a half from the show in Oklahoma City. Would love to have you visit while you are there!

What about places to stop between Michigan and OK? It's a 22 hour drive, and we're going to need a break. Taking 2-4 horses. Any suggestions?

We live just south of OKC in Newcastle, I'd say come visit but we'll be in Tulsa!! My folks grew up in T-Town and my sister lives there. There are some nice museums in Tulsa. The Gilcrease Museum http://www.gilcrease.org and the Philbrook http://www.philbrook.org/

There is a very nice Aquarium about 20 min from the arena. If anyone is interested in going look me up "Moondance Horse Farm". Maybe we could have a group go. I went a few years ago when it opened and it was neat if you like that kind of stuff. They have a walk through tunnel with sharks and fish swimming all around. I've heard it's expanded quite a bit since they opened so I want to go back. That would be fun to get to know other forum members while touring! Here's the link with general hours and cost information.

http://www.okaquarium.org/

Lynda
biggrin.gif

Lynda, that aquarium sounds fabulous!! I'd love to take my daughter to that. I'll check out the link you provided, and maybe we can make some plans to go. We're showing only on Tues., Wed., and Thurs., but I'll have a ton of clipping to do before that. Can't clip aaallll the time, though! LOL

Here you go Michelle,

Rent-A-Center

5127 S PEORIA AVE.

TULSA, OK 74105

Ph: 918-742-6095

Rent-A-Center

9120 E. 31ST. ST.

TULSA, OK 74145

Ph: 918-622-9333

Rent-A-Center

5915A E ADMIRAL PL

TULSA, OK 74115

Ph: 918-832-8000

Rent-A-Center

2230 E PINE ST.

TULSA, OK 74110

Ph: 918-599-9900

The water park and amusement park are closed when we are there. There will be a flea market going on on the grounds while we are there though. Also, an antique show (this one promises to get me in trouble!) Tulsa House Beautiful, Porsche Club Of America is going to be there, And a food show. All on the grounds while we are there.

And yes, a lot of people do bring sale horses to the show. I actually have one going on my trailer.

If you are a big fan of mexican food (they serve other stuff too) than I may suggest before you leave Tulsa to go to Casa Bonita. Yes it's a resturant but its very unique and pretty and very cheap with good food! However this is coming from a person who lives in a small town of 138 lol.

Well, I know that Lyn said there is this aweosme mexican resturant, so I would like to know what the name of that is. Maybe it wasn't mexican though, I know that she said there was a very good resturant across the street or something.

If you are a big fan of mexican food (they serve other stuff too) than I may suggest before you leave Tulsa to go to Casa Bonita.

Sorry I have to disagree no flames please, but that is the worst place I have ever ate at, I know just my opinion but uggghhh

2. Are there any 'must see' attractions in Tulsa? The group that I'm going with we're all off on Saturday (and a few afternoons!) and want to do something - visit some ranches, see something, etc. Any ideas?

Yes, body clip some horses for me~LOL Practice makes perfect you know
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

3. Is anyone bringing sale horses to the show? We're suppose to be reducing our number but you never know!

It just so happens we are!

These guys are coming to Nationals looking for new homes
yes.gif
wink.gif

6 weanling fillies (4 of whom are showing!) grey & white, silver bay & white, solid bay, solid silver bay, solid black and palomino & white!

1 baby gelding (awesome black & white that will also be shown)

Gigi-silver bay 2 year old A-multiple top ten in 2004

Risky-black (appy bred) B yearling mare

Reville-black & white yearling mare (small A)

Nina-silver bay roan A 3 year old mare, National Top Five in 2004

CiCi-bay & white B 3 year old mare, National Top Five 2 X as a baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny Laura! I'm still faster, but my son is my body clipping expert if I can get him to do it!!! As long as I'm not watching and critiquing him, he's very good!

Thanks for the restauarant critique and recommendation. I'm adding it to the file.

Stacy - how do you find out so much information? You truly are a great resource! I wish you hadn't told me about the antique show - I don't want to look like I'm moving home with stuff tied to the top of the trailer!!!

Becky, Mary and Lynda thanks for the other info. I would love to hit a few farms while I'm there. You never know what will be the perfect mini! Plus I learn something at every place I go.

We're getting so excited about going, I forget there are at least 1 to 2 shows between now and then!

Latest posts

Back