AMHR Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krstn&Locket

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I would love nothing more than to go to nationals someday. My question is how do you get qualified to go? I know you have to get a certain number of points from a certified judge but is that it? For those of you that have gone I would love to hear your experience from going and what it was like.[/SIZE]

Thanks,

Kristen

[SIZE=14pt]No Kristen that is AMHA needing points. [/SIZE]

What you need to to is attend 2 different shows and show under 4 different judges. OR you can go to your Area national show which counts as 3 and one other show. Thats all.

Lyn

So I need to go to shows that have multible judges and show there. I see,
yes.gif
I assume you have to show some proof of that like a document of some sort from the show? Do you have to place at these shows to go? Also where are Nationals held every year?

smile.gif

Lyn is right 2 shows 4 judges. On your entry form you write in the shows you have

attended. There is no form required. Also if you are showing in one class and

prefer to do another come nationals you can. Linda B
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Nationals are always in Tulsa Oklahoma. Youth have to chose theier classes before the deadline. There are no youth add ons alowed once you are there . Open and ammy you can add once there.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Can you scratch from a youth class? I am just wondering as I am sending entries in today and since you can't add youth classes and there is a class I am not sure if I will end up going in but since I can't add was going to enter it when I send entries in. Is there a fee if you scratch from a class?

Edited: Just phoned AMHR and got my question answered, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
youth can scratch from classes--they just cannot enter another youth class. Also, the Nationals have been at Tulsa for the last two years and are there again this year and I believe next year. After that the place could change. Three years ago, they were in Columbia, MO and had been there since 1996. Before that, I think they were at Gordeyville (near Rantoul, IL)

Latest posts

Back