AMHR NATIONALS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went up to Linda and Erica at Nationals and introduced myself, they were warm and gracious to a stranger. Southern hospitality at its finest
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

I read a big portion of the posts here and while I agree that Erica shows Champion quality horses there is something everyone seems to have over looked. I think that a well groomed and prepared horse is of major importance, but also of major importance is a well groomed and presented show person. Not one time did I see Erica in the ring without being perfectly show perpared from her neatly fixed hair to her clean boots. And she always finished the whole picture with a smile. You can see she is proud--not only of her horses but of herself. That is wonderful to see and watch. Keep up the great work. I will be showing any youth that show with me so they can see what a professional looks like.

I haven't had time to be here on the forum for a very long time and I didn't take the time to read every reply or even search around to find out what caused you to need to post this about Erica but whatever the reason I feel the need to add my two cents.

It sounds as though she is getting a hard time because she was so successful at Nationals?

I am very sorry to hear this and I want to say I think the world of Erica and her extended family that I have met at Nationals.

I have known Erica both through the forum and from being at nationals the last few years and she does a wonderful job with her horses and is one of the friendliest, nicest, most mature young adults I have ever met. She is very driven and obviously is a perfectionist and has made a lot of sacrifices and put in a lot of hard work for many years to get to the level she is at. What I admire the most is that she pretty much does it all on her own. I can relate to how hard that can be sometimes because our family does everything ourselves too and sometimes it is very difficult. Erica always has her horses perfectly conditioned, groomed, prepared to show and she knows how to show them and have them at their best for the judges. I will also say she is the ultimate showman and gets her horses really showing in the ring. I bring that up because I did see what I thought were some really nice horses in some classes that didn't get a ribbon or place in a halter class and in watching them be shown I felt it was more the handlers fault than the horses fault and someone else may have felt they had a better horse but if they didn't show it to the judges then they will be judged and scored accordingly.

Erica should hold her head high and be proud of all that she has accomplished with her horses but more importantly -- with all the successes and accomplishments she has had in other areas of her life. She is a wonderful role model for young and old.

Erica you are awesome! You are the complete package of what every exhibitor should be! I wish I took half the time to prepare myself to enter the ring. I have never seen Erica not be the center of the ring simply by her presence! Now of course she has great horses, and what others may not realize is that she is constantly changing her program to fit what is now winning in the ring, that is why she is always on top. She isn't breeding what was winning 5-10 years ago. She is breeding what is winning today! That is what a true breeder does. Congrats on an awesome Nationals, couldn't have happened to a better person!

Linda, you are such a great mom! And raised a great Daughter, Erica wouldn't be who she is without the love and upbringing of her parents.

Linda I want to commend you on a well written thread. Congratulations to Erica on all her National wins!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah She works very hard and deserves every one!! I don't know you personally but just being on this forum for a few years and seeing the quality breeding program that Erica has attained is inspirational.

I just don't understand some people....it isn't like Erica broke any rules, she is GOOD at what she does! She played by the rules and WON. Isn't that the goal for all of us - to win?? Since when is success a crime?

Go Erica!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buster and I have stabled at Nationals semi across from Erica and her family for I think 7 years. We have watched this young lady grow and mature into quite a beautiful woman with allot of soul. She has the kind of spirit that glows. She is always sporting the most contagious smile. She and her family work very hard at Nationals. We arrive quite early in the am, most of the time first to the barn to feed and it is not long before we see Erica, sometimes dragging herself around checking her horses and SHE is doing the feeding. We have watched her bathe, shave and prep her horses during what little bit of spare time she gets.

We have competed against her in many classes for many years. Sometimes we finished ahead of her and sometimes not. We have always received a sincere congratulations from her and her family when we did. If we were in need of something we didn't have, Erica had no problem supplying it if she had it. This family works hard to achieve their goal.

This year was an incredible year for Erica, one that only one could dream about. She knows that. She did not expect that. We were happy for her. Her breeding program is working and working in a positive way that this industry can appreciate.

Buster and Commend you Erica on your hard work. Now for the rest of us, we have allot to do before next year!

Now of course she has great horses, and what others may not realize is that she is constantly changing her program to fit what is now winning in the ring, that is why she is always on top. She isn't breeding what was winning 5-10 years ago. She is breeding what is winning today! That is what a true breeder does. Congrats on an awesome Nationals, couldn't have happened to a better person!
Wow... I have to say this is also an EXCELLENT observation. A large part of her success is her willingness to learn and adapt as she grows, which so many people are not willing to do. I'm guessing she's bought/shown her share of unsuccessful horses, too... but rather than hang on to them and complain, she has great sensibility to adjust what she is doing and move forward. Moving forward is the only way to success. Negativity and refusal to change sometimes doesn't breed success.

Andrea

Latest posts

Back