AMHR Nationals - Sale?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopSpout

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there an official sale held at AMHR Nationals? I will be going down either the first or second weekend and I'm trying to plan my trip around looking at prospects for my first mini. I've never been to Nationals so I'm not sure how it works. Is there a sale row like some other shows? If not, would it make more sense to go the first or second weekend in your opinion?

Thanks for any help,

Tracy

There is no official sell but many breeders will have horses available. I would go the 1st weekend cause by the time the 2nd weekend comes around either the horses will be sold and breeders will be leaving.

I've been several times, and sorry no official sale, but some people bring sale horse there and post ads on the bullitin boards, you can pick up a nice horse or two.

Wish I (Navarre Mini Acres) could tell you where I'll be as I'll two for sale. Both drive - an "A" and a "B".

Maybe a sale row, or something similar, would be a possibility for the future
default_smile.png

Maybe a sale row, or something similar, would be a possibility for the future
default_smile.png
You said you've never been to Nationals. Well, after you go I think you'll understand why a "sale row" would be impossible. There are 5 barns ( mostly full) and trying to "set aside" any area, let alone just one where sale horses could be would be a nightmare for the people that TRY to allocate space to everyone. Plus you would have to constantly go between wherever your regular stalls get located and the "sale" stalls. The walking to and from classes and to the vendors and just visiting with other farms wears most of us out.

Just look for the common black and orange "For Sale" signs! There are dozens of beautiful horses for sale in each barn. the best way is to take a phone picture of what you like, make sure to mark the barn and stall, and review. Or just buy it when you see it! Good horses go fast.

You said you've never been to Nationals. Well, after you go I think you'll understand why a "sale row" would be impossible. There are 5 barns ( mostly full) and trying to "set aside" any area, let alone just one where sale horses could be would be a nightmare for the people that TRY to allocate space to everyone. Plus you would have to constantly go between wherever your regular stalls get located and the "sale" stalls. The walking to and from classes and to the vendors and just visiting with other farms wears most of us out.
Plus the security reasons. Last year the essay horses were stalled next to us and we saw so many different people go in to check on them and feed them. I don't think anybody knew who was suppose to take care of the horses because at one point they thought it was us and we were totally not responsible for those horses. Plus one was sick so people were spreading it around.

Latest posts

Back