AMHR Nationals questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
It will be my first time traveling down for Nationals, and I am getting excited! Next year, I hope to be pulling a trailer load of my own.

It looks like the airport is 7 or 8 miles away from the expo center, is that right? So I can just catch a cab to the Microtel?

And the Microtel is just across from the show area? Walking distance? How far... (remember, I will be carrying full shopping bags. ;-) Not really, I WISH! I am broke and am doing this on a shoestring!!! Sleeping on the hotel floor of my generous friends! LOL!)

Also, I have heard that many people make hotel reservations for the following year while they are down there...how do you know what dates to reserve?

Thanks for helping this little newbie along! Oh! I will be the one wandering around with a lost expression on my face. I am making up some pin/buttons to wear that show my LB "handle" ClickMini. Also, I am making myself some t-shirts with my farm name, Finch Meadow Farm, and photos of my horses transferred onto it.

Golly, I feel like Dorothy, standing on the edge of the field of poppies leading up to the city of Oz! I CAN"T WAIT!!!

new_multi.gif
488.gif
aktion033.gif
cheers.gif
eat.gif

The first year I went (also the first year it was in Tulsa) I flew. I rented a car, but yes the airport is very close, not more than 10 minutes (unless you hit traffic). The Microtel is on the showgrounds, it is within walking distance.
yes.gif

Yes you probably want to book the motel for next year if you plan on going. They gave the dates for next year but can't remeber what the were. I'm like 99% sure it was the same time next year as this year. Im sure too they will keep this class schedule as well unless its a complete disaster lol.

Hi Finch Meadows, like your choice of minis, Airport on Memorial....

One mile south to I-244; next mile Sheridan, Next mile Yale; turn South one mile to 11th, next mile 21st, right one block to Microtel on fairgrounds(built for horse track), 100yards north to show barns.

Some Motels have vans you can call for free but I do not know about Microtel.

Isn't it a Holiday Inn chain? Then just ask a Holiday Inn Van if they can drop you at the Fairgrounds Microtel???

Tulsa is spread out(Green Country = Trees) with about 750,000 people in several towns BUT VERY VERY easy to get around in. Stay south of I-244 from fairgrounds.

Just a rule of thumb. The air port only has TWO wings/terminals. Cabs & vans come next to baggage claim areas

WELCOM to the Nationals, be safe & have lots of fun!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back