AMHR Nationals, cost saving tips

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Just wondering if those of you who have been many times have ideas on how to keep the cost down for nationals. Look at gas prices, we all could use a tip or two!

Sophie will be with the trainer so I am kind of paying for gas twice, but, can't be helped. Does anyone own a station between IN and OK that we can get discounts from?
biggrin.gif

I think knowing someone helps in a number of ways, but can't always share. My daughter is Assistant Marketing Director for Starwoods INC, they own several franchise hotels. So I get to stay in a Sheraton Suite for $29 night and boy is that going to help.

For sure am taking my own diet pepsi as most places only have coke products and I get tired of searching for a pepsi.

If you plan to go, you are going to spend money, but would be nice to spend just a little less if you guys can offer suggestions.
rolleyes.gif

yes.gif

I'll be taking three growing kids with me and they are eating machines! Thank

goodnes there is a grocery store across the street. There is no way I want to buy

food on the grounds its just too expensive! I fill the cooler every morning so they

can't hit me up for money for food. As for gas, it was cheaper there than at home

last year. But I don't even want to think about that. Linda B
wub.gif

Defintelly the major tip I think is to avoid spending your money on the consession stand. You pay more for less quality IMO. Sure the food's right there and you don't have too store it but it can be a money killer.

Latest posts

Back