AMHR Nationals & ASPC Congress Shirts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaB Ozark

Reaction score
We are thinking about having a contest to design the t-shirts for nationals and congress (2 different shirts). What do you guys think about this idea and what should the prizes be?

Thanks for any and all input.

Lisa

Breed Promotion Chair ASPC/AMHR

Oh Lisa, Wonderful idea. Fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Prizes I don't know. Picture of winner in Journal for sure. Cash- gift certificates maybe.

I agree, wonderful idea.

Prize:

1/2 page advertising ad in journal

1 yr subscription to studbook

Neither of these would actually cost the registry any money, but something the winner would pay for anyway

Gift certificate for mini or pony tack

National/Congress photos from Washburn

Great idea! Encourages and makes members feel like a real part of the organization. Also gives someone the opportunity to "participate" in wonderful event. Positive for the promotion for AMHR/ASPC.

Prize ideas: Picture in Journal & Website, Free ad in journal, gift certificate for mini anything. Or good ole cash these days seems to be much needed by many!

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great ideas for prizes. Never even considered the Journal ads or the studbook. Keep them coming. Any other ideas for contests that would promote or association and recognize our members? Our commitee wants lots of input.

Thanks, Lisa

Cool idea! Prize - a framed t-shirt with a plate stating year etc.

Gee this is cool. I think that if there are gift certificate prizes they should be for places that are always good to sponsor stuff for us year after, instead of some big company.

Great Idea
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Prizes: Free Stall At Nationals or Certificate of equal value

1/2 page ad in Journal

Love the stud book idea
default_wub.png

Keep us posted........

These are great ideas for prizes. Never even considered the Journal ads or the studbook. Keep them coming. Any other ideas for contests that would promote or association and recognize our members? Our commitee wants lots of input.

Thanks, Lisa

Other contest ideas: Photo contest with placings up to 12 then take these 12 and print a calendar. Could also incorporate other pics throughout the calendar. Prizes: camera.

Art contest: Artist(pro and non pro) to depict the essence of the miniature horse/shetland.

Contest to design "motto, theme, picture" for the Nationals/Congress.

Youth T-shirts-have youth design a youth t-shirt

Love the free stall idea-someone pinching pennies to attend Nationals or Congress a free stall may make the difference in attending or not.

Other prize ideas: 1 yr. free subscription to Journal. 1 yr. free basic membership. 1 free registration.

Great ideas for contests. The youth do design their own t-shirts for nationals and congress - they gave us the idea. I defintely think we need to do the calendar for 2012.

What about a gift certificate to the association - then people can use it for whatever they want. One person might have lots of registrations, while another wants the stud book and so on ....

Thanks, Lisa

Great ideas for contests. The youth do design their own t-shirts for nationals and congress - they gave us the idea. I defintely think we need to do the calendar for 2012.

What about a gift certificate to the association - then people can use it for whatever they want. One person might have lots of registrations, while another wants the stud book and so on ....

Thanks, Lisa

Great idea for Gift Certificate to the Association!!

Thanks, Lisa
I'd much rather AMHR do a HORSE calendar. I love the AMHA calendar enough that I paid extra to get more of them.

Agree- gift certificate to the association! The studbook wouldn't do someone like me with only two geldings any good but I can always use a gift certificate to buy my annual membership, bring someone permanent, etc. Tack gift certificates are always appreciated too, as is a Journal ad (including design services) or a free stall at Nationals with equal-value option for those who can't make it that year but want to enter the contest.

I want SO BADLY for the association to provide neck sashes to the high-scoring registered mini at ADS events! The Morgan, Welsh and Friesian registries do and it's so cool to come home covered in glory with a tri-color neck sash. It makes you want to buy one of those breeds so you can compete for them!

Sandee said:
I'd much rather AMHR do a HORSE calendar. I love the AMHA calendar enough that I paid extra to get more of them.
I think the suggestion was for a calendar made of the winners of a horse photo contest, not the t-shirt designs.
default_smile.png

Leia

Leia - I have actually been talking with them about the ASPC/AMHR sponsoring some things. Get me a little more info on the sashes if you can. We really want to make sure that the small pony class is held at all sanctioned events - it is very hard for the small ponies to compete against the big ones (that is what I am told). But if sashes are what we need to do then lets go for it. I need to know who buys them so I can find out cost.

Thanks, Lisa

LisaB Ozark said:
Leia - I have actually been talking with them about the ASPC/AMHR sponsoring some things. Get me a little more info on the sashes if you can. We really want to make sure that the small pony class is held at all sanctioned events - it is very hard for the small ponies to compete against the big ones (that is what I am told). But if sashes are what we need to do then lets go for it. I need to know who buys them so I can find out cost.Thanks, Lisa
I can get you in touch with a couple of the organizers in my area who I recall handing them out- they'd probably know how the registries provided those sashes. I've unfortunately been out of the CDE ring since the end of 2008 so am not sure how they're doing it these days.

I think between providing an award for the high scoring small equine at individual events and sponsoring/supporting the small pony division, the AMHR will make a very positive impact and broaden the appeal of the registry for mini owners and miniatures/Shetlands in general for the non-mini owner.

Leia

Thanks Leia - appreciate all the help we can get. We have the partnership with ADS now and I am hoping that we will be able to move forward in many ways with them. They were at our convention and very well received and of course next year with the convention in Portland we are already trying to do some tours to Happs for our members.

Lisa

Just a quick note...I love to see this, trying to get everyone involved. I personally feel for an association to move forward they need to make everyone feel a part of it, be it a big name trainer to the individual that is not interested in showing. Keep the youth interested and positive, they are the future. Remember it is the little things that count. I will keep my wheels turning for more ideas.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back