AMHR National Show Anniversary Still Needs Chair & Vols

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahrobertspony

Reaction score
Please take a look at the Historical Committee's column in the June issue of The Journal ... or refer back to recent ASPC/AMHR Enewsletters for info on the AMHR National Show anniversary.

2012 marks the 25th running of Nationals and next year will be the 25th anniversary. The Historical Committee included a small started budget for a Nationals Anniversary subcommittee in its budget request to start celebration plans/work this year.

Since March, the Historical Committee has wanted to set up a subcommittee to do the Nationals anniversary celebration. The committee specifically asked two different people to chair this subcommittee. Both said no. We've been promoting the subcommittee and the need for volunteers in The Journal and in ENewsletters.

A budget exists for this year. The H.C. will include another small budetary amount in its budget request for next year ... provided a subcommittee can be established. A general outline of expectations/suggestions is available. We have two people who have volunteered to serve on the subcommittee ... just no one to chair it. The folks involved will work w/ a couple of H.C. member designees for support and guidance.

So ... take a look at recent Journals or the Enewsletters. Unfortunately, the Historical Committee is spread pretty thin with existing projects. So ... take a look at the promo stuff on the project in recent Journals. It will tell you how to volunteer for this project. Otherwise .... there may not be anything done. The permission exists .. the budget exists ... the outline exists ... just not the leadership and the workers so far.

Check out the details in the Historical Committee report in The Journal. Contact info for volunteers is in the column.

Hi Amy, I think maybe I am one of those that you asked to help. Maybe not chair, but help. And I said no. My excuse is that I am lazy. This history stuff and committee stuff is a lot of thankless work.

And I guess I feel that you have already done it once, and it is all in the Journals.

But on the other hand if our Anniversary Celebration wants anyone to buy cake and hats and whistles and pop, (no booze.) I will glady do that. I just want to sit back and laugh with old and new friends and have a high old time remembering. I just love a good party. Also I will bring every old Journal I have and throw it on my table so anyone can look and remember stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Historical Committee is specifically in need of a chair to oversee the entire project. The project can be broken up into pieces and members of the subcommittee can handle the items they prefer. However, we do want the entire project.

For everyone who has lived the entire AMHR National scene once, how wonderful for you. You are very lucky. However, membership in the ASPC/AMHR changes by a percent each year. New folks attend Nationals every year. Many have no idea abou the history. Therefore, they won't be able to have a high time remembering. The very, very, very abbreviated display of just a few highlights for the Congress History has been so staggeringly well received. The positive feedback .... and the flat out appreciation ... were overwhelming.

AMHR Nationals ... although it has a much shorter history ... should have that same chance.

The AMHR National Show is a significant event and a noteworthy part of this organization's history. We should celebrate that w/ some fun. But ... we need the entire scope handled.

If anyone would like to volunteer, please contact me directly via my email: [email protected]

I have the details and plans for you. I also have two volunteers ready to help you. And LaVern will gladly handle the party for you per her post above. So ... three working committee members and a small budget already!

SWEET! Looks like a couple of pieces are falling into place. Trust a librarian interested in history & printed materials to catch the vision. And, we've got ideas for the celebration going. So ... watch for more details at this year's Nationals ... and be ready for a great anniversary celebration in 2013!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back