AMHR National Late Entries

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A statement like that seems to imply that all the good horses were the ones that didn't get in their entries on time. I don't think that's the case at all.
I do think that is what some others are trying to imply, and I also don't think it is at all the case. That was one of the points I hoped to make. There will be so many outstanding horses competing this year and it is something to be very proud of if you get a National ribbon
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with Linda L's last post. There is no room for the "what ifs", and just because horses were excused or couldn't make it for any number of reasons, it does not lessen nor cheapen anyone else's WIN!! You are showing against the class in the ring, nothing more, nothing less! Just like the judges judge only the horses put before them! It makes no difference if it is a local show or Nationals...it all goes through the process of getting to Nationals, so if you are going to "what if" over Nationals entries, then I guess it really needs to start at ground level, because I am sure there are plenty along the way, in each show that get DQ'd or couldn't make it or whatever, but we never hear nor complain about those in the smaller shows...why is that??

Just because people are choosing to follow the rules as written in the AMHR rulebook, does not mean they do not have compassion or empathy for the owners involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now this is going ot get me flamed but I don't care. Everyone is so worried about late entries. So now lets get down to the the real issue. The BOD has its favorites. I am dispering out my herd, due to the stupid rules of allowing shetlands in as minis. I bought several mares that had mini stallions as sires and shetland dams. but could not get papers on them due to the fact the dams were not registered as minis. With the hardshipping closing, I thought it best to get out of the minis. Tired of all the politics. If you don't fit in thier Cliche then whats the use of trying to better your farm name as well as your horses. I say Fine the people who are guilty and let them show PERIOD and then elect a BOD you can count on to actually promote the AMHR and not only the ASPC

I totally agree with Linda L's last post. There is no room for the "what ifs", and just because horses were excused or couldn't make it for any number of reasons, it does not lessen nor cheapen anyone else's WIN!! You are showing against the class in the ring, nothing more, nothing less! Just like the judges judge only the horses put before them! It makes no difference if it is a local show or Nationals...it all goes through the process of getting to Nationals, so if you are going to "what if" over Nationals entries, then I guess it really needs to start at ground level, because I am sure there are plenty along the way, in each show that get DQ'd or couldn't make it or whatever, but we never hear nor complain about those in the smaller shows...why is that??

Just because people are choosing to follow the rules as written in the AMHR rulebook, does not mean they do not have compassion or empathy for the owners involved.
Right on, Mona
default_worshippy.gif

Ok now this is going ot get me flamed but I don't care. Everyone is so worried about late entries. So now lets get down to the the real issue. The BOD has its favorites. I am dispering out my herd, due to the stupid rules of allowing shetlands in as minis. I bought several mares that had mini stallions as sires and shetland dams. but could not get papers on them due to the fact the dams were not registered as minis. With the hardshipping closing, I thought it best to get out of the minis. Tired of all the politics. If you don't fit in thier Cliche then whats the use of trying to better your farm name as well as your horses. I say Fine the people who are guilty and let them show PERIOD and then elect a BOD you can count on to actually promote the AMHR and not only the ASPC
This is a totally different topic and probably needs to be an off-shoot, but I feel like I need to reply then shut up about this unless I plan to open a new thread on the subject.
default_whistling.gif

Most of my horses are registered BOTH Mini and Shetland, but I prefer to show them as Miniature, so I personally am not "promoting" ASPC by doing this (altho I have NOTHING against Shetlands and the promotion of them)...I do not understand the whole "Mini not Shetland" thought process, since as far as I know the AMHR is STILL a height breed (always has been), so if my Shetlands are under 38"...hmmm....guess what? They are also Miniatures. Just sayin'
default_frusty.gif

Agree this is totally off topic here and IMO has been spoken about to death. Everyone has different views on this and if someone wants to change it then don't rant about it change it. Send in a proposal and close hard shipping period.

Also agree with Jill we cannot let this be a dark cloud over the National show. It's been decided, time to move on, there isn't really any need to discuss it any further. I'm sure it will be at Convention. Now lets all just go out there and have fun with our horses and spend quality time with good friends, some we only see at Nationals, and if you get a ribbon fantastic, this should not let people think other wise. Those who do have a bad attitude period.

Racingfan--If the ASPC mares are small enough they could be hardshipped AMHR and hardshipped this year at half price.  There is no indication that AMHR will be closing hardship to ASPC, AMHA or Falabellas at any time in the near future and grade hardship has been closed for many years.  Ignorance of the rules and crossing an ASPC only to an AMHR only or buying something ineligible for registraion is no excuse to attack the board.  That animals could also be registered NSPPR (formerly NSPR) with DNA from one parent.  As for the board having "favorites", some of the names I've heard tossed around in relation to the late entries are ones many people would most assuredly consider "favorites".  

This late entry issue has proven that our BOD is NOT playing favorites!

I agree that this subject has had its "say"...and we should drop it now and just concentrate on the upcoming show....It will be talked about at Convention I am sure.

So...2 weeks til I leave for NATIONALS! Sooo excited!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back