AMHR National Late Entries

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the postal machine was broken, then go the extra mile and drive to a different post office. For a national show I think it would be worth it. Aggravating, yes, but how many times in life have any of us had to run around to get something done right?

I think the point is that the entries were dropped after hours at the post office and the people had no way of knowing the machine was not working. I noticed that AMHA says their entries must be hand stamped.

I AM ONE OF THE OWNERS THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS SITUATION!!!!

Now I have your attention, I would like to state that I just found about this situation, the trainer has not even had the consideration to notify me. I was notified by another individual.

I am floored, shocked, disgusted and beyond ANGRY! I have spent over $5,000.00 in fees and expenses promoting my stallion to compete at nationals this year. I trusted the trainer to do his job and that included my National entries. What alot of people are not realizing is the considerable LOSS to all these owners and the considerable investment made by these owners into this breed and registry.

I went into this breed a little over 2 years ago. I have invested over $60,000.00 into this industry within 2 years. From trainers fees, purchasing tack from miniature tack companies, purchasing all my 30 horses from some of the top breeders in this country, to show fees, registration fees, etc., feed, and equipment and I have had enough!

I have paid an exorbitant price to a be a part of something I thought was going to be spectacular and fun and I have found out completely different. For all you "Rules are Rules" people out there, yes there is a reason for rules. There is also a reason for a board, and the board should take into consideration the owners should not be penalized for the actions of trainer. The trainer made a mistake for whatever reason. I seriously doubt it was intentional, but the trainer should be sanctioned not the owners that are just as much victims of this situation. If the registry does not have the common sense to see this situation for what it is, then I want no part of this registry and if the other members do not have the decency to understand this was beyond the control of the owners then I do not want any part of them either. What is our country coming too. What happened to reason? When did people become so petty, malicious and vindictive?

I AM ONE OF THE OWNERS THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS SITUATION!!!!

Now I have your attention, I would like to state that I just found about this situation, the trainer has not even had the consideration to notify me. I was notified by another individual.

I am floored, shocked, disgusted and beyond ANGRY! I have spent over $5,000.00 in fees and expenses promoting my stallion to compete at nationals this year. I trusted the trainer to do his job and that included my National entries. What alot of people are not realizing is the considerable LOSS to all these owners and the considerable investment made by these owners into this breed and registry.

I went into this breed a little over 2 years ago. I have invested over $60,000.00 into this industry within 2 years. From trainers fees, purchasing tack from miniature tack companies, purchasing all my 30 horses from some of the top breeders in this country, to show fees, registration fees, etc., feed, and equipment and I have had enough!

I have paid an exorbitant price to a be a part of something I thought was going to be spectacular and fun and I have found out completely different. For all you "Rules are Rules" people out there, yes there is a reason for rules. There is also a reason for a board, and the board should take into consideration the owners should not be penalized for the actions of trainer. The trainer made a mistake for whatever reason. I seriously doubt it was intentional, but the trainer should be sanctioned not the owners that are just as much victims of this situation. If the registry does not have the common sense to see this situation for what it is, then I want no part of this registry and if the other members do not have the decency to understand this was beyond the control of the owners then I do not want any part of them either. What is our country coming too. What happened to reason? When did people become so petty, malicious and vindictive?
It is still up to you to make sure your stuff went in!!!!!! Point blank! I have had horses with trainers and have done it my self too! Point is it is totally up to you to make sure you get your money in on time!

I was refused last year on one of mine. Oh well he will make it out there this year! How hard is it to pick up a phone and call to make sure! I have done it in the past with trainers. I look at it this way you know what shows you have had your horse or horses at this year contact the person who was running the show and get them to sign off and then send your money and paper work in no big deal! If your trainer can not understand this then the trainer should not be training! And if your trainer was doing her or her job this would not of happen again point blank!

So sorry Tiffany. I would be very upset as well. I feel bad for you and the others impacted by this.

I wish the AMHR power (s) that be would send out a definitve statement on what the decision is, if one has been made. In the meantime, I will continue to hope. . .

AMHR Nationals is my school. I have a masters degree of Hard Knocks from it. I have a minor in the Gate Classes. But it has been a good school. And I think I have learned from some of the best professors around, not the judges, but the breeders and the exhibitors.

Each year I get to see my miniature horses standing out there with all the others, and it helps me figure out what I have to do to improve. I study all day and cram all night walking the stalls for 10 days of finals. I try to stuff every horse there in my head, to take home with me, so that I can look at mine more objectively. I try to visit and pick the brains of everyone. Anything to learn.

I think that is part of the reason that I am so upset that some of my professors are being denied. It is not them that I feel so bad for, it is for myself. I have a lot invested in horses that I want to see stand out there so that I can compare them with all the horses, and now my education is going to be sacrificed. This Horse Higher Education is very expensive and I don't think I will be getting my monies worth in 2012. Loser LaVern

Yes, the 2005 rule book specified 21 days in advance of the show was the close of entries.  BUT, and this is a HUGE but, the AMHR COMMITTEE through the proper channels changed that line to read:

The closing entry date for the National Show shall be determined by the Show Management.

That means the show manager sets the closing date (with the assistance of the office and the show advisory committee I would presume).  Since 2007 the closing date has been as early as July 17th and as late as August 1st.  Entries closed on July 25th in 2011 and 2012.  Once the closing date is published in the premium book for all to see there is no means with which to change it. 

It is also my understanding that the no late entry rule has come up for discussion several times in the AMHR Committee since it was first passed in the early 1990's and in each instance the AMHR Committee has decided to leave the rule as is and not accept late entries.  If you want that changed make a proposal, submit it by July 1st, and then go to Convention and participate in the AMHR Committee meeting and attempt to get it changed.  That is the proper channel for changing a membership enacted rule. 

Tiffany--The ASPC/AMHR has nothing to do with the trainer/client relationship.  The trainer not doing his or her job and not getting entries in on time is a civil matter between the client and the trainer.  ASPC/AMHR doesn't endorse or sanction trainers. 

I would point out that this had been broadcast far and wide because one person chose to write a letter to the BOD (and then post it all over the Internet) in an attempt to gather sympathy and to gather support for that letter, which requested that the BOD vote in favor of overturning the late entry rule in this instance.

I have no clue who posted this on the internet, but I can tell you I learned of this situation from an individual that viewed this site. I am not asking for anyone's sympathy. The board can decide this matter pertaining to these entries. I am not asking the Board to resolve a petty argument between a trainer and client. I am asking the Board not to penalize a group of people for a situation that was beyond their control. I can assure you every one of the owners would have been happy to send in their entries in a timely manner if we were not assured the matter was handled by a person paid to do their business. The Board has the latitude to allow these entries in even if it means penalizing the owners with a fee.

Like Kay I too have heard from Directors that the BOD won’t be voting on this, that it is a done deal, the entries were returned and are denied.  As someone said, the BOD is not required to vote on “following the rules”—that is just a matter of course.

That would be me, I think, I hope. Thank you Minimor for the nice complement, but gee there are many others with sympathy and compassion.

I am not a hateful person. Our monies and paper work was maybe 2 days late and was still told no! I am not the first one this has happen to and I will not be the last . But I have learned from this. Our stuff is sent in way before it closes as I don't want to be told no again! So it was fine for us and others to be told No! But it is fine for these people to be told yes well I do hope the AMHR is ready for some protest I and others have their money just waiting for these horses to show along with the trainer that was in the beach playing volley ball as the posted on fb and the Bod and the rest! Because the bod can not change a rule!

You lost me there for a minute LaVern, but I think I got it now. Sorry, it was actually someone else that posted her letter first on FB and then it spread to the forums, and I think it was some of the owners involved who had sent stuff around before that yet about their problem. I just wanted to clarify that in my earlier post, because some sound so accusing about this topic being up for public viewing. If those involved didn't want it talked about, it was one of their own supporters who put it "out there". I believe it was meant to help, not cause flak!

I have great sympathy for members who have been impacted by this rule both past and present. I only hope there will be no need to have remorse in the future as the rule needs changed. It is flabbergasting me how this rule has been allowed to be enforced apparently repeatedly to the detriment of the AMHR.

I certainly understand why members of the BOD don't frequent these sites, but I'm surprised no committee member has reported the need and logic behind the rule. "Rules are Rules" is a pretty weak argument if the Rules have no or little basis in preventing cheating or dealing with safety. Otherwise its simply bureaucratic red tape.

AMHR needs to be an organization where the attitude is 'welcome, how can we help?'; not 'its your responsibility to know and learn every rule (and there are a lot of them)'.

Dr. Taylor

Tiffany

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I truly sympathize.

But this

I am floored, shocked, disgusted and beyond ANGRY!
Should only be directed to your trainer who neglected their professional duties to get your entries in before the deadline.

ASPC/AMHR is not responsible for what paid trainers do or don't do. Please don't fault an entire association over a irresponsible trainer.

The only year I got to go to Nationals my entries went in with a trainers. And even though I love and adore her I still called to verify with her that they got sent in before the deadline.

If a trainer breaks some other rule, such as being late to a gate call, should the Registry allow the horse to go back in the ring? After all, it wouldn't be the owner's fault the horse wasn't in the ring on time.

I do feel bad, but no matter who is to blame, the entries weren't in on time.

To move forward though, a monetary penalty should be considered for next year's late entries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am disappointed in the registry. I have turned in my entries on time, but know many who have been less fortunate. It amazes that registry would turn down thousands of dollars in this economy! The only people loosing here are clients, and the only people gaining are people who don't want extra competition. Without competition there is no industry. Many of those with late entries are not small people within the industry, and have put many years and time and have been very successful. To me we are deterring people from wanting to show the small equine. I also feel the registry picks which day it wants to follow the rules. We need to promote the small equine not make people unhappy. An extra fine to those who are late would suffice. I also find it horrible that this information went public. It should have been kept confidential until a decision was made.

To be honest I believe that by the time it went public the decision had already been made. The entries were refused and sent back-- and that is when someone chose to post about the matter, hoping to convince the BOD to overturn that decision that had been made by show management.

To be honest I believe that by the time it went public the decision had already been made. The entries were refused and sent back-- and that is when someone chose to post about the matter, hoping to convince the BOD to overturn that decision that had been made by show management.
This is also what I think.

Latest posts

Back